Groups

Can someone help me regarding IP address - Pretty please x x

Am tring to connect my DS online and I've put in all my details including WEP key but it says
    Unable to obtain an IP address. Move within range of the access point (which I've done) or check DHCP (WTF) settings. Anyone know y?
    PLEASE HELP X X

REP WILL B LEFT

50 Comments

Try Nintendo support ]here it may help

Banned

not sure if its the same, but I added my 360 and had a nightmare, as my house is wifi, in the end it took 3 days of calls to microsoft in the end they gave me a seperate IP address for my 360

Banned

Assuming you are trying to connect via WiFi, does your router accept new devices to the network?

What router and ISP are you using?

Original Poster

dog_cop;2957562

not sure if its the same, but I added my 360 and had a nightmare, as my … not sure if its the same, but I added my 360 and had a nightmare, as my house is wifi, in the end it took 3 days of calls to microsoft in the end they gave me a seperate IP address for my 360

Oh God, hope not:x thanks sweet:thumbsup:

Original Poster

marktuck;2957553

Predikuesi;2957567

Does this … Does this help?http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_get_my_nintendo_ds_to_connect_to_the_internet.html

Thanks guys will have a look in a sec:thumbsup:

Original Poster

guv;2957571

Assuming you are trying to connect via WiFi, does your router accept new … Assuming you are trying to connect via WiFi, does your router accept new devices to the network?

Yeh, think so. BT said I could have upto 5 things to the hub - is that what ur asking lol - I'm not very technical:roll:

Original Poster

Postcard;2957574

What router and ISP are you using?

BTHUB and what u mean by ISP??

Banned

hannah19790;2957621

BTHUB and what u mean by ISP??

internet service provider :thumbsup:

Banned

hannah19790;2957613

Yeh, think so. BT said I could have upto 5 things to the hub - is that … Yeh, think so. BT said I could have upto 5 things to the hub - is that what ur asking lol - I'm not very technical:roll:

Yes. But your hub must be set to accept devices in the first place!

I dont use BT, so dunno if its set by default to accept. When you try to connect, does it see your network?

Original Poster

dog_cop;2957631

internet service provider :thumbsup:

BT:oops:

Original Poster

guv;2957637

Yes. But your hub must be set to accept devices in the first place!I dont … Yes. But your hub must be set to accept devices in the first place!I dont use BT, so dunno if its set by default to accept. When you try to connect, does it see your network?

Oh yeh, comes up with bthub blah blah. I have two laptops to it too

Banned

hannah19790;2957666

Oh yeh, comes up with bthub blah blah. I have two laptops to it too

Thats a good sign!:thumbsup:

So when you first connected the laptop, you just put in the WEP and it connected ok (without messing with the hub settings in its control panel)

Original Poster

guv;2957688

Thats a good sign!:thumbsup:So when you first connected the laptop, you … Thats a good sign!:thumbsup:So when you first connected the laptop, you just put in the WEP and it connected ok (without messing with the hub settings in its control panel)

yeh, that's good then is it?

Original Poster

Predikuesi;2957567

Does this … Does this help?http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_do_i_get_my_nintendo_ds_to_connect_to_the_internet.html

marktuck;2957553

Am reading through these now - thanks guys x

Around half way down this page frequencycast.co.uk/hom…tml That's what your settings should resemble. If your laptops are connecting ok the DS shouldn't have a problem.

Banned

hannah19790;2957730

yeh, that's good then is it?

Yes.

It should mean its just a case of getting the DS details correct. Was their an option on the DS to allow DHCP automatically? (This just means allow your network to asign an IP address automatically.)

Original Poster

guv;2957788

Yes.It should mean its just a case of getting the DS details correct. Was … Yes.It should mean its just a case of getting the DS details correct. Was their an option on the DS to allow DHCP automatically? (This just means allow your network to asign an IP address automatically.)

Yes, I did click that too:?

Banned

Postcard;2957777

Around half way down this page … Around half way down this page http://www.frequencycast.co.uk/homehub.html That's what your settings should resemble. If your laptops are connecting ok the DS shouldn't have a problem.

Yup, from that image, as long as its set to "allow new connections automatically" and you enter the correct WEP. (ie make sure you are using the correct casing and numbers/ letters, it should be fine. Dont mix 0 and O ! Easy thing to do!

Original Poster

Postcard;2957777

Around half way down this page … Around half way down this page http://www.frequencycast.co.uk/homehub.html That's what your settings should resemble. If your laptops are connecting ok the DS shouldn't have a problem.

Where do I go to check that then?

Original Poster

guv;2957810

Yup, from that image, as long as its set to "allow new connections … Yup, from that image, as long as its set to "allow new connections automatically" and you enter the correct WEP. (ie make sure you are using the correct casing and numbers/ letters, it should be fine. Dont mix 0 and O ! Easy thing to do!

hmmm.....funny enough did do that at first but realised:oops:

hannah19790;2957839

Where do I go to check that then?

bthomehub.home/

admin for username and it should also be admin for the password

Original Poster

Postcard;2957858

http://bthomehub.home/admin for username and it should also be admin for … http://bthomehub.home/admin for username and it should also be admin for the password

not letting me do it
    :-(

Try a system restore :-D

Seriously though, try re setting your home hub to it's factory settings, if you have the older home hub press and hold the wireless association button for 15 seconds or if you have a new home hub press and hold the reset button for abut 3 seconds, if it still not wroking after that the problem will most likely be on the ds's side

Original Poster

RedIron;2957957

Try a system restore :-DSeriously though, try re setting your home hub to … Try a system restore :-DSeriously though, try re setting your home hub to it's factory settings, if you have the older home hub press and hold the wireless association button for 15 seconds or if you have a new home hub press and hold the reset button for abut 3 seconds, if it still not wroking after that the problem will most likely be on the ds's side

lmao - explain that restore thing too me again - only joking :-D:p

Hey, hun.
    I have the white hub released in 07. Will give it a try now x

hannah19790;2957985

lmao - explain that restore thing too me again - only joking :-D:pHey, … lmao - explain that restore thing too me again - only joking :-D:pHey, hun. I have the white hub released in 07. Will give it a try now x

You should just have to press the wireless association button on the back then for 15 secs, all the lights will go out and then the hub will boot back up as normal

If you have a hub phone you may have to go into the menu on the phone and register it again, also if you have changed your wireless key it puts it back to the default but you should have that on the sticker on the back of the hub

Original Poster

RedIron;2958053

You should just have to press the wireless association button on the back … You should just have to press the wireless association button on the back then for 15 secs, all the lights will go out and then the hub will boot back up as normalIf you have a hub phone you may have to go into the menu on the phone and register it again, also if you have changed your wireless key it puts it back to the default but you should have that on the sticker on the back of the hub

Am doin it now, thanks hun x

Original Poster

Arrgghhhhhhhhhh. nope no luck either, what a pain
    Thanks for help though hun x

Hmmm do the reset thing again but when it turns back on wait for all the lights to go steady then leave it a further minute, after that pull the mains cable out, leave it out for about 15 seconds plug it back in then try again

Original Poster

No, I can't believe this always happens to me lol
    Still won't connect

We have a BTHome Hub and my daughters DS was a pain to connect.

You could also try changing the wireless channel setting in the hubs wireless setting page as maybe your getting interference from other devices?

To get into the wireless settings on the Hub manager through the link in the above post it always used to be admin and admin again for the password but they recently changed it for security purposes.

The password is now your unique Home Hub serial number (either on the sticker on the back or underneath the hub after the 'S/N:' bit). Once your in through that you can then change it to a different password.

Hope this helps

The DS's wifi tech is seriously outdated now, my wireless network is all running smooth - psp, ps3,360,laptops....except the Ds which can only be added if I lose most of the security features of my network.

I found it easy via WEP though - haven't done it in ages so I've forgotten most of the stuff lol

You do realise that that makes no sense what so ever?

lol

Original Poster

kazmcj;2958706

We have a BTHome Hub and my daughters DS was a pain to connect. You could … We have a BTHome Hub and my daughters DS was a pain to connect. You could also try changing the wireless channel setting in the hubs wireless setting page as maybe your getting interference from other devices?To get into the wireless settings on the Hub manager through the link in the above post it always used to be admin and admin again for the password but they recently changed it for security purposes. The password is now your unique Home Hub serial number (either on the sticker on the back or underneath the hub after the 'S/N:' bit). Once your in through that you can then change it to a different password.Hope this helps

Thanks for that, will take a look now:thumbsup:

Original Poster

robtallica;2958743

The DS's wifi tech is seriously outdated now, my wireless network is all … The DS's wifi tech is seriously outdated now, my wireless network is all running smooth - psp, ps3,360,laptops....except the Ds which can only be added if I lose most of the security features of my network.I found it easy via WEP though - haven't done it in ages so I've forgotten most of the stuff lol

loI, thanx:p

Banned

Just realised.... I have one of these DS WiFis (though its currently used on a Wii)

If you still have problems (I'll check back in a while), I'll try using it to my home network and kids DS and see exactly what needs to be done.

For mine to work i had to get rid of my WPA SK and change it to WEP ? maybe that will help? although i dont know how to change it

Banned

MarzBarz;2960912

For mine to work i had to get rid of my WPA SK and change it to WEP ? … For mine to work i had to get rid of my WPA SK and change it to WEP ? maybe that will help? although i dont know how to change it

I sincerly hope Hannah hasnt got her BTHub set up as WEP!!!!!

The WiFi dongle definately works with WPA SK, as mine's used that way with a Wii.

Banned

dcx_badass;2961046

Not the dongle the DS itself they mean.

Ah. OK. That explains why its not connecting!

Is there not a firmware to upgrade the DS so it can use it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767189
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014475
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7061339
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!44

See more discussions