can someone help me with manual timer please

Found 2nd May
can someone help me with manual timer please ?

all I want is to turn manual heat boiler on using it at 3am until 4am

thank you very much

2934559-OOF7i.jpg
2934559-7FsIf.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
27 Comments
You just move the pegs to the hours you want. Not sure what happens if you get a power cut.
Google timeguard ts900b manual
Hi I moved pegs to 2am and 3am but red light is still on, ideally it should only turn on at that time though
33735246-2kvx4.jpg
Inner circle is to turn it on and the outer to turn it off. You didn't read the manual
You have turned it off twice. I guess the over ride in on.
Edited by: "kester76" 2nd May
Looks like you put the 2am peg in the wrong place.? The top pic its on the inner row. You have it on outer row. Might not make a difference never used one of those timers.
kester762 m ago

Inner circle is to turn it on and the outer to turn it off. You didn't …Inner circle is to turn it on and the outer to turn it off. You didn't read the manual

I will do so now, that was me experimenting already lol, thanks
33735450-Yt5E7.jpg
kester7621 m ago

Does the over ride switch work ?

Seems like it doesn't
It's a 24 hour clock on the timer, so make sure the pointer is pointing at 19.00 at 7pm, or everything will be out by 12 hours. Also make sure the time is accurate on the timer. The one in the picture shows a time of 06.30 am.so if you took it tonight, it's way out .
Edited by: "mrty" 2nd May
Hunt_Deal_Hunt51 m ago

Seems like it doesn't

Sorry mate, just 're read what you wrote. The switch with the red neon light is an FCU which is the mains supply to the timer switch and then to the immersion heater. It's the way you power fixed electrical items. You probably have one for your boiler, washing machine and a larger one for your cooker in your kitchen.
mrty6 h, 55 m ago

It's a 24 hour clock on the timer, so make sure the pointer is pointing at …It's a 24 hour clock on the timer, so make sure the pointer is pointing at 19.00 at 7pm, or everything will be out by 12 hours. Also make sure the time is accurate on the timer. The one in the picture shows a time of 06.30 am.so if you took it tonight, it's way out .

Hi, how can I make sure time is accurate on timer please , thank you
Hunt_Deal_Hunt12 m ago

Hi, how can I make sure time is accurate on timer please , thank you

There's normally a mark on the inside of the timer ring (usually at the 12 o'clock position) which indicates the current time, so at the moment the number 6 should be roughly in line with the mark, you can just manually turn the dial to the correct position if needed.
It looks like on the last picture you posted the time is reading about 4am, so if you took that picture just before you posted it, it would appear that the clock is approximately 5hours fast.
Dyslexic_Dog5 h, 7 m ago

It looks like on the last picture you posted the time is reading about …It looks like on the last picture you posted the time is reading about 4am, so if you took that picture just before you posted it, it would appear that the clock is approximately 5hours fast.

Thank you, will try this evening and let you know
kester7613 h, 54 m ago

Sorry mate, just 're read what you wrote. The switch with the red neon … Sorry mate, just 're read what you wrote. The switch with the red neon light is an FCU which is the mains supply to the timer switch and then to the immersion heater. It's the way you power fixed electrical items. You probably have one for your boiler, washing machine and a larger one for your cooker in your kitchen.

It's a double pole spur w neon, fcu?
Hunt_Deal_Hunt15 h, 24 m ago

Hi I moved pegs to 2am and 3am but red light is still on, ideally it …Hi I moved pegs to 2am and 3am but red light is still on, ideally it should only turn on at that time though

The dial rotates and when a peg passes the mark at the top it either switches it to on or off depending on whether it's on the inner or outer row. It'll only change the state once that happens, if you want to set the current state use the little white switch in the top right marked 0 and 1 (off and on).
benrobertsno12 h, 52 m ago

It's a double pole spur w neon, fcu?

Not sure if its double or single pole but you're right there's no fuse. So what happens if the immersion fails ?
kester7614 m ago

Not sure if its double or single pole but you're right there's no fuse. So …Not sure if its double or single pole but you're right there's no fuse. So what happens if the immersion fails ?

It's double pole, cuts live and neutral, it's wrong and should be a fused spur. If it fails it will just take out the mcb in the dis board assuming that it is correctly fused.
I am feeling so stupid. Regardless of which settings I select, as soon as I press button, red light switches on and boiler starts operating, what I am trying to achieve is to run every night at 2am and 3am, would it still turn itself on if button is turned off and red light is off ?

Sorry for being so stupid
Hunt_Deal_Hunt40 m ago

I am feeling so stupid. Regardless of which settings I select, as soon as …I am feeling so stupid. Regardless of which settings I select, as soon as I press button, red light switches on and boiler starts operating, what I am trying to achieve is to run every night at 2am and 3am, would it still turn itself on if button is turned off and red light is off ?Sorry for being so stupid

Sorry I mis read, I thought that was for a economy 7 immersion heater for your hot tank and not your boiler. Normally your boiler has extra settings.
kester762 h, 4 m ago

Sorry I mis read, I thought that was for a economy 7 immersion heater for …Sorry I mis read, I thought that was for a economy 7 immersion heater for your hot tank and not your boiler. Normally your boiler has extra settings.

sorry not my week, it is hot tank not boiler
Flick the switch so the red light is on, then when the boiler comes on try moving the small white pin at the top right of the timer up or down and see if the boiler turns off, if it does everything is working correctly you just have to adjust the timer clock to the correct time and then set the timer using the peg/pins as described previously and leave the switch on so that the light stays on.
Make sure the Switch on the timer is set to O and not to I. If the switch is flipped down to I then I think the heater will come on straight away.

timeguard.com/med…pdf
Dyslexic_Dog3rd May

Flick the switch so the red light is on, then when the boiler comes on try …Flick the switch so the red light is on, then when the boiler comes on try moving the small white pin at the top right of the timer up or down and see if the boiler turns off, if it does everything is working correctly you just have to adjust the timer clock to the correct time and then set the timer using the peg/pins as described previously and leave the switch on so that the light stays on.

Moving small white pin up and down makes no difference to boiler which remains on regardless, I think timer just doesn't works anyway thank you every one for your help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions