Can someone help with my tax?

21 replies
Found 10th Sep 2009
If i earn £250 a week, how much would i take home a week after tax?

Used a few calcs online but knew if anyone knew the answer on here, as i keep getting different amounts.

James

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
21 Comments

Depends on different things such as is it your only job, or second job, has your tax code been sorted, and if so what is it? otherwise you might be on BR which means your be paying more tax until your tax code is sorted.
Also another consideration is NI, and any pension you might be paying into.

But id estimate that if £250 per week, thus £13k pa would work out:
£210 per week thus £10,092 per year.

Thats £25 in tax and £15 in NI.

Ask and you shall receive
I think this might help

i-resign.com/uk/…asp

Around £209.52 using a standard tax code.
But it will vary slightly depending on your employment history for the year......

Original Poster

This will be my first job for a couple of years, have just finished college.

Original Poster

melipona;6256575

]This one is pretty clear

What i have just looked out, Well just found out the job i have took isnt really even worth taking, will be paying about £75-100 a week to get to work.

Then i have to pay rent etc,

be left with £70 a week, for working full time. :x

Banned

the__mayster;6256625

What i have just looked out, Well just found out the job i have took isnt … What i have just looked out, Well just found out the job i have took isnt really even worth taking, will be paying about £75-100 a week to get to work.Then i have to pay rent etc, be left with £70 a week, for working full time. :x

bleedin hell, where is it, the other side of the world:w00t:

Original Poster

sassie;6256632

bleedin hell, where is it, the other side of the world:w00t:

Well, i think wales is to be honest!

60 miles a day in the car (30 each way), then the bridge.

the__mayster;6256625

What i have just looked out, Well just found out the job i have took isnt … What i have just looked out, Well just found out the job i have took isnt really even worth taking, will be paying about £75-100 a week to get to work.Then i have to pay rent etc, be left with £70 a week, for working full time. :x

is that £70 a week left to do what ever you want with ? if so where do i sign up ?

Banned

the__mayster;6256635

Well, i think wales is to be honest!60 miles a day in the car (30 each … Well, i think wales is to be honest!60 miles a day in the car (30 each way), then the bridge.

so didnt you know you would have to pay tax?

Original Poster

sassie;6256650

so didnt you know you would have to pay tax?

No i did, i worked it out as £235 for some reason before.

Original Poster

richp;6256646

is that £70 a week left to do what ever you want with ? if so where do i … is that £70 a week left to do what ever you want with ? if so where do i sign up ?

So, im driving to work, bang goes the clutch.

Ah i know, better not doing anything for the next 6 weeks.

And no that £70 a week needs to go towards the £2500 i owe my dad for buying a car and insurance to get to this job!!

the__mayster;6256689

So, im driving to work, bang goes the clutch.Ah i know, better not doing … So, im driving to work, bang goes the clutch.Ah i know, better not doing anything for the next 6 weeks.And no that £70 a week needs to go towards the £2500 i owe my dad for buying a car and insurance to get to this job!!

thats the way the cookie crumbles unfortuantly, im sure most of us have been there, i know i have & still am, if something needs replacing or the kids need something, then i save for it, fore-going other luxuries !

Have a couple of kids and quit, you will be much better off.

the__mayster;6256675

No i did, i worked it out as £235 for some reason before.

maybe after NI but not tax as well. :thumbsup:

Best of luck sorting it out though, i know how difficult things can be, i was in it last year...£900-1000 per month worth of bills let alone food, travel expenses etc :thumbsup:

if youre only renting at the moment would it not make more sense to rent somewhere closer to the new job, thus saving money on travelling.

Original Poster

superskilly;6256789

if youre only renting at the moment would it not make more sense to rent … if youre only renting at the moment would it not make more sense to rent somewhere closer to the new job, thus saving money on travelling.

Living at home with my dad still, £50 a week is the agreed deal, or no rent if i pay back a sensible amount each month for the car, e.g £50 a week.

Just seems with this job im never going to be able to leave home, get a place with my girlfriend or anything like that.

So its going to take me a year to pay him back for the car, then pay the same amount after that for rent.

awoodhall2003;6256777

maybe after NI but not tax as well. :thumbsup:Best of luck sorting it out … maybe after NI but not tax as well. :thumbsup:Best of luck sorting it out though, i know how difficult things can be, i was in it last year...£900-1000 per month worth of bills let alone food, travel expenses etc :thumbsup:

yeah and £700 of that bill was from buying stuff on FS/Ft and other £200 was the electric bill to run the laptop :thumbsup:

superskilly;6256818

yeah and £700 of that bill was from buying stuff on FS/Ft and other £200 w … yeah and £700 of that bill was from buying stuff on FS/Ft and other £200 was the electric bill to run the laptop :thumbsup:

not far off...:whistling:

Actually:
£595 rent
£30-50 electric
£20-40 gas
£100 council tax
£40 water rates
£40 Sky + BT
£50 mobile phones
£142 tv license for year

then yes plenty did get spent ont he FS/FT boards here...and over on AVForums as well for some speakers, av reciever, and few bits and bobs.
But i also sold things in huge sales on here as well, which as you well know bought me and my girlfriend a DS Lite each, helped go towards my PS3 etc :thumbsup:

the__mayster;6256809

Living at home with my dad still, £50 a week is the agreed deal, or no … Living at home with my dad still, £50 a week is the agreed deal, or no rent if i pay back a sensible amount each month for the car, e.g £50 a week.Just seems with this job im never going to be able to leave home, get a place with my girlfriend or anything like that.So its going to take me a year to pay him back for the car, then pay the same amount after that for rent.

you will mate, i dont know how old you are, but i though exactly the same as you in my yoof, still at home, had a girlfriend, then we put our names on the housing lift, started off in a nice bedsit, moved up to a 1 bedroom flat while we scrimped & saved,then we had enough to buy our own place, got married, had little people, still scrimping & saving though, but its worth it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

richp;6259782

you will mate, i dont know how old you are, but i though exactly the same … you will mate, i dont know how old you are, but i though exactly the same as you in my yoof, still at home, had a girlfriend, then we put our names on the housing lift, started off in a nice bedsit, moved up to a 1 bedroom flat while we scrimped & saved,then we had enough to buy our own place, got married, had little people, still scrimping & saving though, but its worth it :thumbsup:

Im 20 mate. :thumbsup:

Had little people haha
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57587
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!44
    3. Free money and competition entry @ Circle813
    4. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums22

See more discussions