Groups

can someone please advise me the best memory card to go with this please?

i have just bought a panasonic HDC - SD9 hd camcorder. im looking to get a memory card but want a decent memory card to go with it, it says it takes a sdhc memory card, looking for about 16gb (if not a 32 depending on price - even 8gb would do, 'cos i can buy a couple). it came with a free panasonic SD High Capacity 8 GB Card, Class 6 Guaranteed 6MB/s Continuous Transfer Rate, Upto 20MB/s. not sure what all that blurb means but i guess its important. these are selling for around the £30 mark but thats a bit pricey. seen a few memory cards on 7dayshop.com, but there are so many to chose from, also some of them are ''flash'' memory cards, can anyone enlighten me? - can someone please advise me before i make a mistake????? any help will be really appreciated! many thanks in advance x

7 Comments

]http//ww…s-6

Any will do just make sure its class 6.

Original Poster

why class 6? does the speed make any difference? (thank you btw!)

hocka;3127287

why class 6? does the speed make any difference? (thank you btw!)

The class is the write speed of the card and camcorders require fast cards to keep up with the data. They give you a class 6 as that can write at 6mb per sec. A class 4 can only manage 4mb per sec so will miss frames making the picture jerky.

Original Poster

thanks for that - rep given x

Original Poster

ordered! - thanks again x

Another happy customer! lol

You now will be able to complete your HUKD 4th birthday competition!

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;3127431

Another happy customer! lolYou now will be able to complete your HUKD 4th … Another happy customer! lolYou now will be able to complete your HUKD 4th birthday competition!

whats that?:?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …188491
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?32155
      3. Your dream gaming set up?1740
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1524

See more discussions