Can someone please answer a quick question about Game Elite Membership? Thanks

Posted 5th AprEdited by:"JohnnyRoller"
Hi, hopefully someone can help answer this question for me.

I have recently made a large purchase from Game, and noticed you can sign up for the Elite Membership and it will apply the additional points for the last 5 days worth of purchases automatically.

My question is can you just sign up for 1 month (for £3), get the additional points and then just cancel? Or do you then lose the additional points for cancelling? The terms and conditions are not very clear, and I know it will take forever to get through to a live chat agent for an answer (that’s if they’re even open).

Or do you have to have the membership for a set period of time?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Honestly I have no idea as I haven’t tried it but I don’t see why you would lose your points.

Definitely take the time to ask an agent
Karim_1705/04/2020 13:19

Honestly I have no idea as I haven’t tried it but I don’t see why you wou …Honestly I have no idea as I haven’t tried it but I don’t see why you would lose your points.Definitely take the time to ask an agent

I guess I’ll have to thanks for the response though.
JohnnyRoller05/04/2020 13:25

I guess I’ll have to thanks for the response though.

Most welcome, sorry couldn’t be of more help
You can sign up and get the points and then cancel.

However you do get back 10% back on all games, merch and accessories. 4% back on consoles. Plus additional bonus discounts when you download the app on your phone.

So if you’re not making at least £3 back a month I’d cancel if you make more it’s probably worth keeping plenty out later in the year
Edited by: "dealsbyday" 5th Apr
dealsbyday05/04/2020 15:09

You can sign up and get the points and then cancel. However you do get …You can sign up and get the points and then cancel. However you do get back 10% back on all games, merch and accessories. 4% back on consoles. Plus additional bonus discounts when you download the app on your phone.So if you’re not making at least £3 back a month I’d cancel if you make more it’s probably worth keeping plenty out later in the year

I will get about £24 extra in points from a recent purchase, so it’s worth the £3. However I wouldn’t spend enough for it to be worth it month on month.
JohnnyRoller05/04/2020 15:17

I will get about £24 extra in points from a recent purchase, so it’s worth …I will get about £24 extra in points from a recent purchase, so it’s worth the £3. However I wouldn’t spend enough for it to be worth it month on month.

Do what I do then and just sign up and cancel when you feel it acceptable. Whenever I buy a new release game I signup and get the extra and cancel within 7 days
Given the state of the high street I'd be surprised if Game are even around by the end of the year - I don't think any of the new consoles are launching this year now which might've saved them. I wouldn't be giving them any money up front or something they probably won't be delivering on.

As an aside, I wouldn't shop there anyway as I can't stand the shop
Cakeboy7905/04/2020 16:08

Given the state of the high street I'd be surprised if Game are even …Given the state of the high street I'd be surprised if Game are even around by the end of the year - I don't think any of the new consoles are launching this year now which might've saved them. I wouldn't be giving them any money up front or something they probably won't be delivering on.As an aside, I wouldn't shop there anyway as I can't stand the shop

I’m happy getting some great prices beforehand, if they go under I couldn’t care less tbh.
Cakeboy7905/04/2020 16:08

Given the state of the high street I'd be surprised if Game are even …Given the state of the high street I'd be surprised if Game are even around by the end of the year - I don't think any of the new consoles are launching this year now which might've saved them. I wouldn't be giving them any money up front or something they probably won't be delivering on.As an aside, I wouldn't shop there anyway as I can't stand the shop

In these times we live in currently, take a thought for all the staff who are working for companies like GAME, who might not have a job if things continue the way they are.

You might hate the company, but it’s none of the staffs fault for the issues you’re talking about. e.g. prices being high and that online is cheaper (it always will be unless they bring in an online sellers tax).

As you may or may not be aware it’s part of the Mike Ashley Emporium, I can’t see him getting rid of GAME completely, if anything he’ll focus on putting stores within Sports Directs, and House of Fraser. As well as trying to get his arenas in football grounds and shopping centres where possible. He like money, does our Mike
dealsbyday05/04/2020 16:20

In these times we live in currently, take a thought for all the staff who …In these times we live in currently, take a thought for all the staff who are working for companies like GAME, who might not have a job if things continue the way they are.You might hate the company, but it’s none of the staffs fault for the issues you’re talking about. e.g. prices being high and that online is cheaper (it always will be unless they bring in an online sellers tax).As you may or may not be aware it’s part of the Mike Ashley Emporium, I can’t see him getting rid of GAME completely, if anything he’ll focus on putting stores within Sports Directs, and House of Fraser. As well as trying to get his arenas in football grounds and shopping centres where possible. He like money, does our Mike

I had no idea it was one of Ashley's brands.......just another reason to avoid it. Obviously, it sucks for the staff, but by the way this could go we'll all end up working for a supermarket or Amazon
Edited by: "Cakeboy79" 5th Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions