Can someone please help me find an American cereal called Fruity Pebbles in the UK?

Found 14th Dec 2017
I've found 2 sellers on Amazon but they want crazy prices, one was £40 and another was £120ish.
I wouldn't mind if I had to pay £10 or there abouts. Need them for xmas Cheers.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
25 Comments

Original Poster

Thanks Tiddly_fiddly I have tried those and the eBay listing is in the US so delivery on time could be iffy. Thanks again for going to the effort of looking.

I’ve seen this in home bargains and b and m, also an American store near me sometimes has that stuff in. Or there’s a big American sweet shop in Manchester near ikea. Could call them perhaps?

This shop appears to sell them for £6. You would have to contact them to discuss shipping.
facebook.com/ran…ter

Original Poster

NBEB31 m ago

I’ve seen this in home bargains and b and m, also an American store near m …I’ve seen this in home bargains and b and m, also an American store near me sometimes has that stuff in. Or there’s a big American sweet shop in Manchester near ikea. Could call them perhaps?

I will call tomorrow, thanks NBEB

Original Poster

termite23 m ago

This shop appears to sell them for £6. You would have to contact them to …This shop appears to sell them for £6. You would have to contact them to discuss shipping.https://www.facebook.com/randallsMH/photos/a.351192535004530.1073741829.346205252169925/611703602286754/?type=3&theater

This looks promising thank you termite

I am sure I saw American goodies pack today in b&m with these in. They seem to be selling american sweets etc in their own little section.

Original Poster

Ange.Travels2 h, 9 m ago

I am sure I saw American goodies pack today in b&m with these in. They …I am sure I saw American goodies pack today in b&m with these in. They seem to be selling american sweets etc in their own little section.

I shall pop in and have a look. Thank you Ange.Travels.

There is a sweet shop in the Lowry Outlet in Manchester which sells American sweets and other things, maybe check with them.

B&M and I’ve occasionally seen them in Tesco world food aisle but they were about £6 a box

speedy38692 h, 40 m ago

B&M and I’ve occasionally seen them in Tesco world food aisle but they w …B&M and I’ve occasionally seen them in Tesco world food aisle but they were about £6 a box

Me too! Seen them in Tescos and remember thinking who pays that much for a cereal box haha!

FrootLoop11 h, 42 m ago

Thanks Tiddly_fiddly I have tried those and the eBay listing is in the US …Thanks Tiddly_fiddly I have tried those and the eBay listing is in the US so delivery on time could be iffy. Thanks again for going to the effort of looking.

Thats okay, sorry i missed the bit where you said you wanted them for Christmas! Oops

Original Poster

Tiddly_fiddly34 m ago

Me too! Seen them in Tescos and remember thinking who pays that much for a …Me too! Seen them in Tescos and remember thinking who pays that much for a cereal box haha!

Me!.... unfortunately

Original Poster

dellboy755 h, 52 m ago

There is a sweet shop in the Lowry Outlet in Manchester which sells …There is a sweet shop in the Lowry Outlet in Manchester which sells American sweets and other things, maybe check with them.

Thanks dellboy75

Original Poster

speedy38693 h, 17 m ago

B&M and I’ve occasionally seen them in Tesco world food aisle but they w …B&M and I’ve occasionally seen them in Tesco world food aisle but they were about £6 a box

Yes speedy I think I remember seeing them in my local Tesco too but my daughter wasn't into them then.

Original Poster

virgil4756 m ago

Online here ..... …Online here ..... https://auntieammiescandy.com/products/american-breakfast/post-fruity-pebbles-311g/ ..... Order by 18th Dec to ensure Xmas delivery....

I think there may have been a wee psychic thing going on there because I've just ordered from here.

FrootLoop10 m ago

I think there may have been a wee psychic thing going on there because …I think there may have been a wee psychic thing going on there because I've just ordered from here.

My Missus says I'm psycho not psychic!

Original Poster

virgil471 h, 7 m ago

My Missus says I'm psycho not psychic!

I knew she was gonna say that

FrootLoop21 h, 22 m ago

I knew she was gonna say that

You seem like the person to ask...

Do you buy fruit loops (sp) here in the uk?

A friend of mine loves them but hasn't had them since they stopped selling them here many, many years ago.

I've seen them occasionally in Tesco iirc but they're so expensive
Edited by: "distracted247" 16th Dec 2017

Original Poster

distracted24730 m ago

Do you buy fruit loops (sp) here in the uk?

Nah the UK Froot loops just don't taste the same The American Loops have some ingredients which are banned in the UK I think, red 45 or something lol but the ingredients in US loops are linked to cancer and hyperactivity so although I loves me some good ole merican Froot Loops I don't actually consume them now. I was considering changing my avatar to All Bran or something.

FrootLoop23 m ago

Nah the UK Froot loops just don't taste the same The American Loops …Nah the UK Froot loops just don't taste the same The American Loops have some ingredients which are banned in the UK I think, red 45 or something lol but the ingredients in US loops are linked to cancer and hyperactivity so although I loves me some good ole merican Froot Loops I don't actually consume them now. I was considering changing my avatar to All Bran or something.

that's a shame. I noticed the loops here don't seem as colourful as I remember. But I put it down to my memory making them seem better than they were.

If the ingredients are banned here does that mean US versions can't be imported?

Original Poster

distracted2476 m ago

that's a shame. I noticed the loops here don't seem as colourful as I … that's a shame. I noticed the loops here don't seem as colourful as I remember. But I put it down to my memory making them seem better than they were.If the ingredients are banned here does that mean US versions can't be imported?

I could be wrong about the ban there are issues however with some of the ingredients but you can still import them.

FrootLoop5 m ago

I could be wrong about the ban there are issues however with some of the …I could be wrong about the ban there are issues however with some of the ingredients but you can still import them.

I just looked up the ingredients and it makes for disturbing reading.

I'll be honest with you though, I would probably still have a bowl to see if they taste as good as I remember. But I definitely wouldn't be giving them to my kids.

As for my friend, I'll just go with the UK stuff. Thanks for replying
Post a comment
@
    Text