Groups

Can someone please help me with some tyre brand advice?

Evening all.

Need to buy 4 new tyres for my Citroen Picasso.

I just haven't clue what brand to go for, so am hoping you clever peeps can offer me some advice.

They are not standard Picasso size, numbers read 195 45 R16 80V

I did a search on a tyre website and it came up with over 20 different tyres, ranging from £50 each for some next name up to £106 each for some Michelins.

Now, I am not going to be paying no £100 each, was hoping to pay around £60 each, ideally but am tempted to go cheaper but obviously want something worth it's money.

Would really appreciate some advice, will leave rep for help!

24 Comments

Original Poster

I did the search ]here

i used marshall on my scorpio cosworth, they are part of the mitchelin group and just as good.

The Avons seem a pretty good price at £60 a corner, can't see any Kumho tyres coming up under the search which is a shame.

Don't skimp too much on tyres they're the only thing keeping you on the road :thumbsup:

Could try blackcircles or micheldever tyres if your anywhere near winchester.

what area in the uk are you

If your lucky there are places which sell part worn tyres (Tyres which come off write-offs and such) usually good makes of tyres and at really really cheap prices. There is a place called 'Teds Tyres' in Bristol which a few friends have used.

I currently have avons.

Try tyres called 'Event' at Central tyres or STS ask for discount they'll probably give you 10% and it'll come out at £190 all in. Don't forget you can go up in speed rating but not down, these Events are 'W' rated. hope this helps.

event tyres are very cheap budget, i delivered for stapletons for a while, those tyres are not good especailly at the size you need

Original Poster

I am in East London, bordering Essex :thumbsup:

Thanks all, I am just really overwhelmed by the choice.

I know several smaller shops but know if I go down there they will just sell me whatever is in their best interests.

I have a Kwik Fit near me but their cheapest for my size are £72 for either Continental, Dunlop or Goodyear - so how would I have a clue which to choose :?

Ideally though I wouldn't mind a bit cheaper but not if it is going to make a difference to the safety of the car. :thinking:

Buy one and get one free on Barum and Avon tyres @ National Tyres & Autocentres

I hope this helps....

national.co.uk/pro…gif

I use Toyo tyres - always found them to be really good and reasonably priced too. The T1-R's come out at £60 a corner for your car on that site, I had these fitted to my car a few weeks ago for the same price (cheapest i could get them anywhere).

I swear by uniroyal rain tyres V2. They are fantastic in the wet and as good as any other makes in the dry. i will always have these tyres and i've just bought a seat leon 2.0 tdi fr and the first thing i did was take the mitchelin off and put these on even though they were brand new.
    cost me £72 each.

hope this helps but it really is each to their own.

Original Poster

Tiffs;4658395

Buy one and get one free on Barum and Avon tyres @ National Tyres & … Buy one and get one free on Barum and Avon tyres @ National Tyres & AutocentresI hope this helps....http://www.national.co.uk/promotionpop.asp?offer=pressad-nov08.gif

From the comments oh here it looks like it is only smaller tyres that offer applies to. Will give them a call in the morning but won't hold my breath, thanks though :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Paul1234;4658116

The Avons seem a pretty good price at £60 a corner, can't see any Kumho … The Avons seem a pretty good price at £60 a corner, can't see any Kumho tyres coming up under the search which is a shame.Don't skimp too much on tyres they're the only thing keeping you on the road :thumbsup:Could try blackcircles or micheldever tyres if your anywhere near winchester.

I was more drawn to the Avons for that kind of money, too - thanks

Tillboy;4658157

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/total_tyre_guide/213177/tyre_test.html

Thanks for the link, but those tyres seem to be too top, top range ones which I cant fins for sale onlne

spann3rs;4658179

If your lucky there are places which sell part worn tyres (Tyres which … If your lucky there are places which sell part worn tyres (Tyres which come off write-offs and such) usually good makes of tyres and at really really cheap prices. There is a place called 'Teds Tyres' in Bristol which a few friends have used.I currently have avons.

OH tried quite a few shops but could only find 2 in that size and he didn't think they looked up to much, I am miles away from Bristol too :giggle:

diggerdig;4658195

Try tyres called 'Event' at Central tyres or STS ask for discount they'll … Try tyres called 'Event' at Central tyres or STS ask for discount they'll probably give you 10% and it'll come out at £190 all in. Don't forget you can go up in speed rating but not down, these Events are 'W' rated. hope this helps.

wickedteen;4658251

event tyres are very cheap budget, i delivered for stapletons for a … event tyres are very cheap budget, i delivered for stapletons for a while, those tyres are not good especailly at the size you need

Thanks for taking the time to post, have never heard of these, though and can't see them around

cosmicdav3;4658432

I use Toyo tyres - always found them to be really good and reasonably … I use Toyo tyres - always found them to be really good and reasonably priced too. The T1-R's come out at £60 a corner for your car on that site, I had these fitted to my car a few weeks ago for the same price (cheapest i could get them anywhere).

Thanks, I have heard of Toyo's, they haven't got good reviews on that site, though

kroozing;4658453

I swear by uniroyal rain tyres V2. The are fantastic in the wet and as … I swear by uniroyal rain tyres V2. The are fantastic in the wet and as good as any other makes in the dry. i will always have these tyres and i've just bought a seat leon 2.0 tdi fr and the first thing i did was take the mitchelin off and put these on even though the were brand new.cost me £72 each.hope this helps but it really is each to their own.

Thanks, will keep the name in mind - think I am gonna have problems finding somewhere that stocks my size

Any more for any more, peeps?

You could ask over on parkers.co.uk/adv…D=7 lots of knowledgeable car folks on there

Whatever you do I wouldn't reccomend getting part worn tyres, you have no idea what their hostory was and tyres don't last forever even if they still have a couple of mm of tread left

Original Poster

longbowassassin;4658643

Try,,,http://www.blackcircles.com/

Thanks for the link :thumbsup:
    For example, though, the Dunlops were £5 cheaper a tyre at Kwikfit

Paul1234;4658767

You could ask over on … You could ask over on http://www.parkers.co.uk/advice/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=7 lots of knowledgeable car folks on thereWhatever you do I wouldn't reccomend getting part worn tyres, you have no idea what their hostory was and tyres don't last forever even if they still have a couple of mm of tread left

Thank you :thumbsup:

tyre-shopper.co.uk/ts/…4VX
    here are the ones in your size however for 16 inch they are a bit dear from this place

Original Poster

kroozing;4659246

http://www.tyre-shopper.co.uk/ts/search/tyredetails.aspx?code=1954516UN4VXhere are the ones in your size however for 16 inch they are a bit dear from this place

Thanks very much, they only have 2.5 stars out of 5 on there for ratings though :thinking:

Mrs.Z;4659279

Thanks very much, they only have 2.5 stars out of 5 on there for ratings … Thanks very much, they only have 2.5 stars out of 5 on there for ratings though :thinking:

Yeah they have. i don't know why, maybe because they are very soft rubber and don't last 2 minutes when driving like a fool. mine last about 12 month but i do drive a little errrrrrrr, erratically.
    either way i can only tell you my experiences. I've done the £140 a tyre ones and also the £40 quid ones and i will always have these.

i'm also a big fan of having the same tyres all the way round so if your only swapping the front 2 then i would recommend getting the same as the back ones.

]http//ww…htm here are some reviews that you can read what people thought.

Original Poster

kroozing;4659408

]http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport.htm here are some … ]http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport.htm here are some reviews that you can read what people thought.

Excellent site, thanks loads!

Was just looking on eBay and looked up all the ones I was watching and deleted quite a few after reading the reviews :-D

Original Poster

Considering getting some on eBay, item number 270357792539

Anyone got any views on these? Are they a good buy? Will cost me £5 each for fitting at local garage

Mrs.Z;4659758

Considering getting some on eBay, item number 270357792539Anyone got any … Considering getting some on eBay, item number 270357792539Anyone got any views on these? Are they a good buy? Will cost me £5 each for fitting at local garage

£50 quid a tyre don't seem too bad, as that is what you'd pay for budget tyres and not named tyres.
    If your happy with the price i'd give em a try
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2481
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201356
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2976
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047151

See more discussions