Groups

Can someone reccomend a wireless router?

Hi all I'm sure I'm not the only one but having recently changed broadband providers moving to plusnet from sky. It's been painful to say the least plusnet router is supposed to be smart wifi dual band what ever they advertise but it's absolutely terrible my 4 year old sky router worked better. Can someone reccomend an alternative router there's so many different types and some are in the hundreds bit much for me but if someone can reccomend a good budget one that does the job be much appreciated . Thanks

10 Comments

fritzbox all the way, start from 130 on amazon. dead easy to use. plug it in connect to it and go to fritz.box in your browser and it will walk you through set up.

A decent tp link one will do the trick for about £20

The plusnet hub one, if that is what you have is exactly the same hardware as the BT hub 5A that I'm using on sky because it is way better, especially the wifi than any of my sky routers, and I have at least 4 different sky models.

I swear by Airport Extreme never failed me and I use 3 around the house for a rock solid signal.. great thing is if your happy with 5GHZ Wireless N then you can get a 4th gen model off CEX for under £30.00 and 2 year warranty..

If you want AC CEX Again have them for £100.00

uk.webuy.com/sea…on=

Edited by: "haritori" 9th Apr

Asus....

Yep... Asus Asus Asus...

DSL-AC68U is probably out of your price range, but it's a great bit of kit and worth every penny imo.

melted

The plusnet hub one, if that is what you have is exactly the same … The plusnet hub one, if that is what you have is exactly the same hardware as the BT hub 5A that I'm using on sky because it is way better, especially the wifi than any of my sky routers, and I have at least 4 different sky models.

how did you get your sky password for BB access ?

jonnithomas

how did you get your sky password for BB access ?

The sky sr101 and sr102 routers broadcast the login credentials over the lan in a dhcp packet when they try to connect, so you can capture them with a packet sniffer eg wireshark.

There's a website to obtain passwords for most of the earlier sky routers.

Alternatively with sky adsl you can just use the standard o2 login

option username [email protected]'
    option password 'password' (<
    (I'm using openwrt on my bt hub 5a so it works with any isp)

Edited by: "melted" 9th Apr

melted

The sky sr101 and sr102 routers broadcast the login credentials over the … The sky sr101 and sr102 routers broadcast the login credentials over the lan in a dhcp packet when they try to connect, so you can capture them with a packet sniffer eg wireshark.There's a website to obtain passwords for most of the earlier sky routers. Alternatively with sky adsl you can just use the standard o2 login option username [email protected]' option password 'password' (<

thanks

Original Poster

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help, went for the AirPort Extreme works a treat!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sky or virgin33
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!2330
      3. Which android box?510
      4. Upgrading qacoustic speaker setup34

See more discussions