Groups

Can someone tell me what no standalone fax capability means please?

Hi
    Looking to buy a new fax printer and the one i like the look of and has good reviews is a canon pixma MP510
    When I looked at some reviews it said No standalone fax capability.
    Can someone confirm what this means please.
    At the moment my old printer is conected to my old PC as well as being on a network for our laptops via Wi Fi
    In the near future I am going to get rid of my old PC and probably get another laptop so everything will be WI FI to the printer.
    Not sure what No Standalone Fax capability means....is this going to be a problem for me .
    Thanks in advance.

4 Comments

I dont have a clue - but a quick google search says it means the fax stands alone!! So by sounds of it - its separate............so a no standalone would mean it isnt separate!

It doesn't connect directly to the phone line to send a fax by itself

I'm pretty sure it means that you can't send a fax just by using this machine.
    iT HAS TO BE CONNECTED TO YOUR COMPUTER AND PROBABLY USE SOFTWARE ON IT TO BE ABLE TO SEND A FAX.

Oooops, sorry about the caps.

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;8835610

I'm pretty sure it means that you can't send a fax just by using this … I'm pretty sure it means that you can't send a fax just by using this machine.iT HAS TO BE CONNECTED TO YOUR COMPUTER AND PROBABLY USE SOFTWARE ON IT TO BE ABLE TO SEND A FAX.Oooops, sorry about the caps.

That sounds good to me...hopefully someone will confirm...just wonder if the machine has to be wired to the PC,

Thanks repped you all, hopefully someone will give me a bit more details.

Sorry jumpingphil wouldnt let me rep you...think you answer too many of my questions...lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2481
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201356
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2976
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047151

See more discussions