Expired

can someone tell me what Pwned means?

Found 3rd May 2008
keep seeing it in peoples threads but not a clue what it means.
ta

ps. can admin expire this thread once answered as there's no expiry date option below. thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
41 Comments

Banned

it means OWNED.. as in dominated

pre-owned? therefore second hand? one careful previous owner? network Q? etc etc

Original Poster

so if i wear the trousers in our relationship i pwned my OH? lol

Banned

scrumpypaul;2022835

pre-owned? therefore second hand? one careful previous owner? network Q? … pre-owned? therefore second hand? one careful previous owner? network Q? etc etc

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/mux/fail5.jpg

And maybe someone could explain what GIYF stands for whilst they are at it.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6895/bartfi9.gif

christophersmum;2022840

so if i wear the trousers in our relationship i pwned my OH? lol

Yep that wud be PWNAGE

Banned

http://www.geocities.com/hereditarybitch/pwned.jpg

pwned - to 'own' someone in a thread, out-smarting another poster. The P in place of the O is suppose to be funny, because so many people make typos with P's and O's.

duckmagicuk2;2022848

And maybe someone could explain what GIYF stands for whilst they are at … And maybe someone could explain what GIYF stands for whilst they are at it.

How Funny!!! http://www.forumsextreme.com/imgs1/sSig_rofl.gif

Original Poster

duckmagicuk2;2022848

And maybe someone could explain what GIYF stands for whilst they are at … And maybe someone could explain what GIYF stands for whilst they are at it.

no need to be sarcastic. Sheesh! some people!!

:x

Original Poster

thanks DTR - rep added for a sensible response.

Banned

christophersmum;2022884

thanks DTR - rep added for a sensible response.

what the hell... i told you what it meant in the first minute

and its not specifically for threads... it actually started with games.

there was a typo in Quake and thats where it started from. if u got dominated in a game you were pwned...

i hate you.

imranmaz;2022895

what the hell... i told you what it meant in the first minuteand its not … what the hell... i told you what it meant in the first minuteand its not specifically for threads... it actually started with games.there was a typo in Quake and thats where it started from. if u got dominated in a game you were pwned...i hate you.

WOW!!

http://www.forumsextreme.com/imgs1/sSig_PWNED.gif

Original Poster

imranmaz;2022895

what the hell... i told you what it meant in the first minuteand its not … what the hell... i told you what it meant in the first minuteand its not specifically for threads... it actually started with games.there was a typo in Quake and thats where it started from. if u got dominated in a game you were pwned...i hate you.

You hate me?

I actuallt left rep for you and scrumpypaul too - beginning to wish i hadn't now.

what is it with people. seems there's nobody normal on here today. everybody is either really overly nice (very welcome) or complete psyco nutter..?

time to sign off me thinks and leave you lot to send each other off a cliff !

Banned

i said it as a joke... gawd calm down dear... i'll rep you back to make it even.. you need it more than me.

Banned

plus scrumpy paul was trying to be funny i think...

imranmaz;2022895

there was a typo in Quake and thats where it started from. if u got … there was a typo in Quake and thats where it started from. if u got dominated in a game you were pwned...

No one really knows the origin, theres so many theorys out there.

Banned

aww...i just read ur rep message... i feel bad now.... i'm sorry.

DTR;2022865

pwned - to 'own' someone in a thread, out-smarting another poster. The P … pwned - to 'own' someone in a thread, out-smarting another poster. The P in place of the O is suppose to be funny, because so many people make typos with P's and O's.

Hmm... doesn't have to be in a thread... or out smart someone... below is an example of real life PWNGE... if a girl ever does this 2u... PWND

http://blogs.reuters.com/photo/files/2007/12/talk-to-the-hand.jpg

donbreach;2022966

Hmm... doesn't have to be in a thread... or out smart someone... below is … Hmm... doesn't have to be in a thread... or out smart someone... below is an example of real life PWNGE... if a girl ever does this 2u... PWND

yeah I know, but to pwn in real life doesn't realy make sense seeing as it came from l33t speak and is based around a typo, that picture is not pwnge in my opinion. Talking about it online turns it into pwnge, in everyday life who really says pwn?

Out smart maybe not the best description... but to get the better of someone is what I meant...

Banned

DTR;2023027

yeah I know, but to pwn in real life doesn't realy make sense seeing as … yeah I know, but to pwn in real life doesn't realy make sense seeing as it came from l33t speak and is based around a typo, that picture is not pwnge in my opinion. Talking about it online turns it into pwnge, in everyday life who really says pwn?Out smart maybe not the best description... but to get the better of someone is what I meant...

BORE..........

Banned

this thread makes as much sense to me as pwned

imranmaz;2023048

BORE..........

quality productive posts like that are what make me come to this site.

I feel such a sap had to google GIYF to find out that it was a QED moment

sassie;2023053

this thread makes as much sense to me as pwned

you and me both:roll:

Banned

DTR;2023058

quality productive posts like that are what make me come to this site.

slang enters mainstream language and some even is accepted and entered into dictionarys.

the origins of where slang words come from are far and wide. The fact that PWNED originated on the internet does not confine it to the internet.. so if people want to use it in real life then they are entitled to.

your post wasn't worth the response as it is obvious.. hence why i simply conveyed my reaction to it.

Banned

Agent_Silver;2023066

I feel such a sap had to google GIYF to find out that it was a QED moment

try googling "google"

imranmaz;2023089

slang enters mainstream language and some even is accepted and entered … slang enters mainstream language and some even is accepted and entered into dictionarys.the origins of where slang words come from are far and wide. The fact that PWNED originated on the internet does not confine it to the internet.. so if people want to use it in real life then they are entitled to.your post wasn't worth the response as it is obvious.. hence why i simply conveyed my reaction to it.

BORE.....

pwned

Banned

DTR;2023120

BORE.....pwned

AAAAAHHH-gagagagagagaggagagagaag *cough cough as my dentures fall out.

Pure PWNGE 2nite... I say Pwn in real life sometimes... my mate had a gurl put her hand in his face... we all started laughing!!! U GOT PWND!!! I also refer to pre-owned games as Pre-Pwnd...

Banned

donbreach;2023170

Pure PWNGE 2nite... I say Pwn in real life sometimes... my mate had a … Pure PWNGE 2nite... I say Pwn in real life sometimes... my mate had a gurl put her hand in his face... we all started laughing!!! U GOT PWND!!! I also refer to pre-owned games as Pre-Pwnd...

i did just get PWNED... i'm big enough to admit it. :oops:

]This is a good example of someone being pwned

Banned

emasu;2023205

]This is a good example of someone being pwned

i'm so close to clicking it...... but that smile makes me resist.... almost emasu...

Its genuine :whistling:

Original Poster

imranmaz;2022954

plus scrumpy paul was trying to be funny i think...

didn't know it was a slang thing, thought it was more of a HUKD thing as i've only seen it here - hence i didn't google it.

wasn't including scrumpypaul in wish post.

lets call a truce.

i'm gracefully bowing out of this thread now.

http://board.freeones.com/images/smilies/hatsoff.gif

imranmaz;2023095

try googling "google"

why...what do you get?

christophersmum;2022882

no need to be sarcastic. Sheesh! some people!!:x

I was only having a laugh!!

donbreach;2023170

... I say Pwn in real life sometimes... ..

Tell me your joking or 10 year old.
Post a comment
@
    Text