Groups

Can someone tell me who manufactures this laptop

Extra Value Laptop, Intel Dual Core T3000 1.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SATA HDD, DVDRW, 15.4" WebCam,

I am desperate

12 Comments

Ebuyer sell the Extra Value stuff don't they?
    Why not contact them?

Ebuyer

Clevo :thumbsup:

Some little chinese kid?

Original Poster

Believe it or not, I bought it off them, and they are asking me......

Heres my problem.

I bought the laptop off ebuyer with no operating system, mate tried to put one on but it wouldnt accept disc, he tried several discs but to no avail, as it was past the 30 day sending back date he contacted the manufactures number on back of laptop, the said it could be a drive fault and to send it back to them, thay charged me £12.50, I am currently trying to get this money back off ebuyer.......

I Have just had a call off manufactures saying that the laptop worked fine for them, and now they want £40 off me for looking at it, my mate tried 4 different disc in this and none worked, now they say it booted up ok for them.... Who is to say there is no loose wire or some intermittent fault with this laptop..... There is no way I am paying £4o for this.......

Where do I stand on this, any idea??

poolielad;6759323

Believe it or not, I bought it off them, and they are asking … Believe it or not, I bought it off them, and they are asking me......Heres my problem.I bought the laptop off ebuyer with no operating system, mate tried to put one on but it wouldnt accept disc, he tried several discs but to no avail, as it was past the 30 day sending back date he contacted the manufactures number on back of laptop, the said it could be a drive fault and to send it back to them, thay charged me £12.50, I am currently trying to get this money back off ebuyer.......I Have just had a call off manufactures saying that the laptop worked fine for them, and now they want £40 off me for looking at it, my mate tried 4 different disc in this and none worked, now they say it booted up ok for them.... Who is to say there is no loose wire or some intermittent fault with this laptop..... There is no way I am paying £4o for this.......Where do I stand on this, any idea??

Was this a genuine windows disc that you tried ?.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;6759255

Clevo :thumbsup:

Does anyone know the customer service number for these??/

And yes it was a genuine disc....

Did they mention upfront there was a charge for looking at it?

Original Poster

Titchimp;6759451

Did they mention upfront there was a charge for looking at it?

Yes they did, if they could not find a fault, looks like I am just going to have to pay:cry::cry:

poolielad;6759865

Yes they did, if they could not find a fault, looks like I am just going … Yes they did, if they could not find a fault, looks like I am just going to have to pay:cry::cry:

So...prior to them fixing it - had you agreed to the fee for having it repaired?

Original Poster

moob;6759988

So...prior to them fixing it - had you agreed to the fee for having it … So...prior to them fixing it - had you agreed to the fee for having it repaired?

No, it was under warranty, it is only a month old, but they are saying they found no fault because everything booted up ok, that is why they are charging me.....

poolielad;6759450

Does anyone know the customer service number for these??/And yes it was a … Does anyone know the customer service number for these??/And yes it was a genuine disc....

As far as I'm aware, Clevo do not provide any support or contact to end users - they simply manufacture a barebones chassis which intermediate companies buy to fit parts to and sell under their own name. (such as Rock, Kobalt, Novatech etc.)

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185
      3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery1627
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64491

See more discussions