Groups

Can T-moblie Fones B Unlocked??

Thinkin of buyin a fone on t-moblie n was wonderin f it cud b unlocked to orange

21 Comments

yes of course it can. You can either get the unlock code from the network (£15 and garunteed to work) take it to your local shop or market or try online.

Personally I have gotten the code from the network everytime its only about £5 more expensive and save any hassle

Banned

some phones already come unlocked, where you buying from?

Original Poster

thanx thot that was jst checkin

Original Poster

ebay lol

Banned

allstar2

ebay lol

oh then prob not unlocked, but you never know:thumbsup:

Original Poster

the seller states as being locked to t-mobile, oh xmas present lol so dont wana get it wrong

Banned

allstar2

the seller states as being locked to t-mobile, oh xmas present lol so … the seller states as being locked to t-mobile, oh xmas present lol so dont wana get it wrong

i hope you checked around to get the best price

Original Poster

i cant find it new/used for less than 250, and its 300 in the shops do u no were its cheaper?

Banned

allstar2

i cant find it new/used for less than 250, and its 300 in the shops do u … i cant find it new/used for less than 250, and its 300 in the shops do u no were its cheaper?

well i think you may need to give us a little clue hun:-D

Original Poster

well they can get it for 265 if they buy out their orange contract which they dont want to do, or cex for 200 thats bout it, havent had much time to look

Banned

allstar2

well they can get it for 265 if they buy out their orange contract which … well they can get it for 265 if they buy out their orange contract which they dont want to do, or cex for 200 thats bout it, havent had much time to look

i mean you will need to say what phone it is:w00t:

Original Poster

oh yeah its w910i, forget i hadnt stated that.

Or does anyone no of any other really good phones on market, dont wana nokia tho

Be careful of buying the latest model phones off ebay that are expensive because you could be scammed. On another forum recently someone bought a phone for about £250 off ebay. It worked for the first week and then kept getting an error message. It was either stolen or the seller had reported it as stolen and got the IMEI (serial) number blocked to make the phone useless. If it was the seller that done this they pocketed the £250 from the buyer and claimed on the phones insurance and got another one.

Original Poster

oh didnt think of that, anyone no were other than fleabay i can get it for 200

Banned

ooops sorry though you said you couldnt find cheaper than £300:oops:

I personally wouldnt touch ebay for a phone at that price, also remember to add your unlocking fee to the ebay cost, ide rather pay the extra for a shop one, dont forget to check quidco for cashback and most shops do a trade in of some kind, any old phone usually does

Original Poster

cheers think il stay clear of ebay then. maybe look for a different present all together, back to drawing board cos only have bout 200 max

At carphone worehouse most phones come supplied unlocked, ask before purchase and they will tell you, the advantage with phones that are supplied new and network open is that you dont have that nasty network branded software on the phone that slows (IMO) the phone down.

Just noticed you have £200 max if you are using that £200 to spend on a secondhand phone then it may cost around another £20 to get it unlocked bringing it up to £220 the CPW one is only £239.95 so look at the extra £20 as insurance as you will get a 12 month warranty too!

Banned

allstar2

cheers think il stay clear of ebay then. maybe look for a different … cheers think il stay clear of ebay then. maybe look for a different present all together, back to drawing board cos only have bout 200 max

dont suppose he will want a gold one £200 but on vodaphone

phones4u.co.uk/sho…137

harlzter

At carphone worehouse most phones come supplied unlocked, ask before … At carphone worehouse most phones come supplied unlocked, ask before purchase and they will tell you, the advantage with phones that are supplied new and network open is that you dont have that nasty network branded software on the phone that slows (IMO) the phone down.

CPW phones will still be branded.

thesaint

CPW phones will still be branded.

Are you sure? all the phones ive had from there (3 or 4 a year for both myself and my partner, we are always killing phones through clumsiness!!!) have been "vanilla" with only the manufacturers software (ie, SE, Nokia,Moto) on them the same as when you buy "sim free" from them but pay upto 50% more for not taking a simpack with it! Thats the only reason I buy from them in the first place, I wouldnt buy anything from them that tied me to them like a contract phone or Broadband.

I think Voda are the worst offenders for using branded software, i'll only buy a phone on voda if you can install "vanilla" software over theirs, it really does slow the phone down IMO.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514151
      2. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX11
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3711436
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764604

See more discussions