Groups

Can the passenger name be changed on flight tickets as soon as they spotted the error?

My friend purchased flights to Turkey and he's not 100% sure if he entered his own name rather than his mums and consequently, he's received the tickets for something that would be useless to himself.

They're investigating to see if there was an error on their own database or if my friend filled out the details incorrectly but even if he did, surely they can reissue the tickets with a different name at a cost, right?

If it can't be resolved, he has to decide if he's willing to go on a second holiday in a matter of days and miss out on uni or let the tickets go to waste.

Where does he stand on this?

10 Comments

Yes, he can change the name on the tickets for a cost. (unless their error and then free)

Depending who it is regarding the cost. If it's a budget airline then it'll be cheaper to buy another ticket. lol

It depends which airline it is and what type of ticket it is. If it was a cheap ticket or a sale ticket then it is likely they wont change it.
    With easyjet you can change them for 20 quid, but with some other airlines they refuse to do it.

Syzable;4691587

Yes, he can change the name on the tickets for a cost. (unless their … Yes, he can change the name on the tickets for a cost. (unless their error and then free)Depending who it is regarding the cost. If it's a budget airline then it'll be cheaper to buy another ticket. lol

This is very true, I work for a tour operator and we had to change a name once with Ryanair, it cost £150!!! It sometimes depend on who you speak to, if you get someone that got outta bed on the right side they can maybe half the cost, but get someone who is in a grump, well you'll probably be charged double. I hate low cost airlines!

Someone on here listed some tickets (From RyanAir) for sale on the FS/FT last week..............soon withdrew them when they realised that each ticket was £125 charge for a namechange. :lol:

Original Poster

He booked it through Ebookers and I think the flight is with British Airways, as he initially attempted to contact them but they suggested he speaks to Ebookers.

realfriendlyman;4691631

He booked it through Ebookers and I think the flight is with British … He booked it through Ebookers and I think the flight is with British Airways, as he initially attempted to contact them but they suggested he speaks to Ebookers.

That's right as ebookers are the issuers/agent.

Original Poster

jellybaby22;4691586

Last year I booked a holiday and I spelt my friends name wrong...didnt … Last year I booked a holiday and I spelt my friends name wrong...didnt notice until 7 days before we were due to go when i noticed it spelt wrong on the tickets....they changed it no problem and reisuued tickets....cost me about £30 I think...:thumbsup:

I bet you wish you never attempted to do your friend a favour after it cost you £30 for the privelege, huh? :P

Syzable;4691709

That's right as ebookers are the issuers/agent.

Does anyone know how much they'd charge if my friend was found to make the error, as he's not 100% sure in the rushed state he was in?

I booked a holiday with mates but one dropped out. Another mate agreed to come along, i just rang them and told them and they changed it, i think it was about £25 admin fee

Original Poster

MANJ_007;4692171

I booked a holiday with mates but one dropped out. Another mate agreed to … I booked a holiday with mates but one dropped out. Another mate agreed to come along, i just rang them and told them and they changed it, i think it was about £25 admin fee

Was that with Ebookers, as it looks like admin fees are dependant on the broker involved?

Original Poster

jellybaby22;4692969

it depends on the airline......ebookers website says the price involved … it depends on the airline......ebookers website says the price involved in the change will depend on the price you paid for the ticket...the cheaper the ticket the more expensive...something like thathttps://faq.ebookers.com/cgi-bin/ebookers_uk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4657&p_created=1169822663

Thanks for that Jelly Dora, I sent my friend the link and I'll see what he thinks but he text me back a while ago saying he may try and take his chances at the airport, whilst he's returning from Turkey tomorrow.

I told him it's unlikely they'll do anything because it's the broker that will handle these aspects but I suppose he'll just make the call to Ebookers afterwards anyway. :giggle:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      2. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      3. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118

See more discussions