Can the Xiaomi 4X operate 2x Three SIM or is the second SIM 2G only?

Found 13th Feb
I know the cheaper 4A model reduces the second SIM to 2G which makes it impossible to use on Three. I have read conflicting information about the 4X everything from the second SIM being 2G to 3G to 4G. Can anyone here with a Global version 4X confirm or deny how the second SIM slot works? If it makes a difference I am talking about the smaller 5" phones not the larger Note versions.
Community Updates
AskElectronics
3 Comments
Is the 4A 2G? It has SD chip very similar to 4X. I would be surprised if 4A and 4X are different on this.
Original Poster
andre40009 h, 11 m ago

Is the 4A 2G? It has SD chip very similar to 4X. I would be surprised if …Is the 4A 2G? It has SD chip very similar to 4X. I would be surprised if 4A and 4X are different on this.

I've read 4A is limited to 4G+2G in several discussions. I have not come across any confirmation otherwise. The chipsets sound similar but there are several key differences between Snapdragon 425 and 435 such as max display support and modem capabilities. The 5A uses the same chipset as 4A and I have found no information to suggest it is not limited to 2G.
Original Poster
Surely someone must know. The 4X is only the most popular and frequently posted phone of the last months.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions