Groups

Can this be fixed? Ds prob?

My daughters ds lite has a fault. Both screens work but the hinge is broke and depending on the angel of the screen the screen has lines going down it.. but if you move it the screen is ok and normal like it should be.

Would a replacement housing fix this? or could it be more serious?

4 Comments

No expert, but maybe the connecting data cable that feeds the top half of screen is breaking and causing it to only work properly sometimes when it is lined up. Don't think your doing it any favours keep using it if you intend to fix it tbh...

Thats all I got... Any DS experts...?

You can get a replacement case on ebay for under £10 and some come with free triwing screwdriver, The ribbon may be a bit loose so replacing the case and checking the ribbon connections may just cure the problem. I would guess the ribbon's are cheap as well so may be worth buying a replacement for that too.

shauneco

You can get a replacement case on ebay for under £10 and some come with … You can get a replacement case on ebay for under £10 and some come with free triwing screwdriver, The ribbon may be a bit loose so replacing the case and checking the ribbon connections may just cure the problem. I would guess the ribbon's are cheap as well so may be worth buying a replacement for that too.

Or sell it as faulty (possibly make more on ebay then here) and then use the money to buy a working second hand one

Original Poster

Thanks hubby is good at fiddly things so will get a case and let him 'have a go' suppose weve got nothing to lose.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523423
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …201546
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846300
      4. Your dream gaming set up?1846

See more discussions