Can this be used as a WiFi point?

Found 21st Dec 2017
Hi, I want to replace my Sky Q Hub as the WiFi is awful. I understand I have to use the Hub though to connect to the Sky Network.

If I buy this - TP-LINK N300 VDSL/ADSL - argos.co.uk/pro…882

Can I plug it into the Sky Q Hub and use it as my WiFi access point instead of the Sky Q Hub?
Community Updates
AskElectronics
5 Comments
I got the standard sky router. But I bridge off that to a BT infinite 5 hub then use the dual band signals over the house.

32854774-1vreQ.jpgrover.ebay.com/rov…253
deleted1597344
You do not need to use the Sky equipment. Personally I would stay away from adding any other ISP equipment into the mix, because they are all crap IMO.
I didn't know that you could just replace one Router with another provider without fiddling with the config on the router.

I bought Hub 5 from BT but left them to go to Plusnet, who are abysmal, so was thinking of using the BT router instead.
Is that possible? Any guides for that available?

PS: Apologies OP for taking over the thread.
deleted1597344
jaykaygeetoo7 m ago

I didn't know that you could just replace one Router with another provider …I didn't know that you could just replace one Router with another provider without fiddling with the config on the router.I bought Hub 5 from BT but left them to go to Plusnet, who are abysmal, so was thinking of using the BT router instead.Is that possible? Any guides for that available?PS: Apologies OP for taking over the thread.

No you will not be able to use the BT equipment, a 3rd party piece of equipment however should work no problems if set up correct.
deleted159734421st Dec 2017

No you will not be able to use the BT equipment, a 3rd party piece of …No you will not be able to use the BT equipment, a 3rd party piece of equipment however should work no problems if set up correct.

Thank you. Much appreciated.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants