Can this NFC work with Google Pay here in the UK?

Posted 21st SepEdited by:"HotDealAlert"
Sharp Aquos S2 from Banggood
banggood.com/SHA…=HK
I know this is an 'old' phone, but probably good enough for my child.
Just need to have a cheap phone with NFC (together with dual SIM and reasonable cameras). He is just starting go out with his friends but not old enough to have a card by himself.
Any one has this phone to confirm? Or do you have another suggestion with NFC?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
IMO this is a better choice phone for £100 given that you can get stock Android experience hotukdeals.com/deals/android-one-nokia-61-unlocked-3gb32gb-sd630-nfc-55169-fhd-display-for-9910-topup-at-cpw-3293899

Also has NFC and is a UK model with full warranty, unlike buying from Banggood.

As long as the device runs over Android 5.0 Lollipop, passes SafetyNet, and has NFC it should be fine to run Google Pay. Just make sure it is a global ROM version as opposed to a Chinese one as Chinese devices have no access to Google Play Services.
Edited by: "jamie15" 21st Sep
Thank you, I saw that too. Unfortunately the Nokia 6 is only a single SIM, and I need a dual SIM. Any other options do I have? I don't know anything about phones, could you check for me if the NFC of the Aquos satisfy the requirements to use Google Pay? I see that it is of global version, what else?
HotDealAlert21/09/2019 17:24

Thank you, I saw that too. Unfortunately the Nokia 6 is only a single SIM, …Thank you, I saw that too. Unfortunately the Nokia 6 is only a single SIM, and I need a dual SIM. Any other options do I have? I don't know anything about phones, could you check for me if the NFC of the Aquos satisfy the requirements to use Google Pay? I see that it is of global version, what else?

It should work, but I can't guarantee it
Lol, thanks anyway. Anything else I can consider for under £150?
HotDealAlert21/09/2019 18:48

Lol, thanks anyway. Anything else I can consider for under £150?

I would pay slightly more and get a device that has it all. £177 for Huawei Mate 20 Pro (read comments) which has NFC, in display fingerprint sensor, 3D face unlock, and lots more.
Thanks again, but seen somewhere that doing so would affect credit rating. And that is something I need too, as I am planning to buy a house early next year. Sorry for the trouble and effort.
Any other good suggestion, please
HotDealAlert22/09/2019 12:22

Thanks again, but seen somewhere that doing so would affect credit rating. …Thanks again, but seen somewhere that doing so would affect credit rating. And that is something I need too, as I am planning to buy a house early next year. Sorry for the trouble and effort.Any other good suggestion, please

You would cancel the contract so don't think it would affect rating, but of course not worth the risk before a big purchase like that. Perhaps you may find something like bPay more useful than Google Pay? It's an NFC tag you can stick anywhere, and you can top it up with the money you want so no risk of overspending.

Also, if your child is 11 or older they can definitely get their own card

If you want a dual SIM phone, the Mi A3 fits perfectly within your budget, so does the Redmi Note 7, but no NFC in those.

I think the Honor 8X looks perfect for you, it often goes on sale for around £160 and is dual SIM + NFC. Not currently on sale but keep an eye out.
Edited by: "jamie15" 22nd Sep
Thank you so much, will look into 8x later, also saw the honor play for £180.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants