Groups

can we update to 4.0??

Banned
    can we update to 4.0 from 3.1 on the iphone 3gs and then still be able to jailbreak it again using spirit afterwards? also when u apply a new update do you lose all your apps and thing?? cheers

10 Comments

You won't lose your apps if they have been downloaded legitimately.

You can upgrade and unlock, google "dev blog" and read up on how to do it.

you can't jailbreak os4 if you do an official upgrade, but there is a way to keep your downgraded baseband and upgrade, have a look at [url]www.iclarified.com[/url] for step by step instructions

Original Poster Banned

hmm ok i guess i will leave the update for now and stick with my 3.1 jailbreak for now until some brainbox cracks it :-D

mairsy07;8961600

hmm ok i guess i will leave the update for now and stick with my 3.1 … hmm ok i guess i will leave the update for now and stick with my 3.1 jailbreak for now until some brainbox cracks it :-D

u can download a custon firmware of 4.0, with it jailbroken already to avoid the official update,
    thats what I got with mine.
    3GS with custom firmware and retained the old base band and also unlockable.

Any links to that guide, I'm also still at 3.12 JB on my 3GS - haven't gone to 4.0 yet as I didnt know there was a custom firmware ?

Cheers

Original Poster Banned

zerowing;8962154

u can download a custon firmware of 4.0, with it jailbroken already to … u can download a custon firmware of 4.0, with it jailbroken already to avoid the official update, thats what I got with mine.3GS with custom firmware and retained the old base band and also unlockable.

oooo where is this then pal?? sounds goood :-D the custom is basically the same as apples 4.0 i am guessing then?

i just noticed you said avoid the update, i dont have to install the 4.0 update when connected to itunes anyway because i saved my date to cydia. Is it worth installing the 4.0 custom?

mairsy07;8963674

oooo where is this then pal?? sounds goood :-D the custom is basically … oooo where is this then pal?? sounds goood :-D the custom is basically the same as apples 4.0 i am guessing then?i just noticed you said avoid the update, i dont have to install the 4.0 update when connected to itunes anyway because i saved my date to cydia. Is it worth installing the 4.0 custom?

ill send u the links later.

Original Poster Banned

zerowing;8963712

ill send u the links later.

ok thanks pal , appreciate it :thumbsup:

Any joy with the links ?

How can I check the baseband and bootrom on my 3Gs please, is there a program for windows to do this easily ?

Also does the bootrom change, when you do an update or does it always remain the same ?

Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …188491
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?32155
      3. Your dream gaming set up?1740
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1524

See more discussions