Groups

Can windows 7 be transferred to another computer?

As above i have a full version of win 7 home premium that i want to put on another computer and use the same product key. Is this possible thanks

4 Comments

OEM / Free Vista to 7 upgrades, no.

Retail boxed version, yes (obviously only installed on one PC at any one time).

I think yes, if you don't have one connected to the internet, or if they're not connected to the internet at the same time (I'm not 100% sure about the last option though).

Original Poster

windhoek;6745558

I think yes, if you don't have one connected to the internet, or if … I think yes, if you don't have one connected to the internet, or if they're not connected to the internet at the same time (I'm not 100% sure about the last option though).

I think you mean if i install it on 2 machines at one time which i wont be doing. But yeah from what i found out retail boxed versions can be transferred.

Borat;6745726

I think you mean if i install it on 2 machines at one time which i wont … I think you mean if i install it on 2 machines at one time which i wont be doing. But yeah from what i found out retail boxed versions can be transferred.

I see what you mean, it's good to know that retail versions can be transferred.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions