Can you book a multi stop flight and just not go on the second flights?

Posted 24th Nov
so this is a weird one but I want to fly from A to B (internal travel from B to C) and then return from C to A. i.e. buy tickets for A to B and C to A. The weird thing I found is if I buy these tickets they are say £400 but if I reverse the destinations they give an option that included the original flights I want but with transfers. i.e. for the flight there A to B costs £200 but if I instead choose A to C its actually the original A to B flight plus a transfer to C and the price is only £100. If I just buy these flight and don do the transfer is that allowed?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
If u put luggage in the plane, not hand luggage, then you'll lose that🥴
deals6924/11/2019 22:22

If u put luggage in the plane, not hand luggage, then you'll lose …If u put luggage in the plane, not hand luggage, then you'll lose that🥴

haha yea it's hand luggage only so no problem there. Doesn't make sense to me why the same flights plus 2 more would cost twice the price
IamChris24/11/2019 22:33

haha yea it's hand luggage only so no problem there. Doesn't make sense to …haha yea it's hand luggage only so no problem there. Doesn't make sense to me why the same flights plus 2 more would cost twice the price

Yup I'm quite sure that's fine. Dont go based off my opinion tho. There used to be a website that would find these types of deals for you but it got shut down
IamChris24/11/2019 22:33

haha yea it's hand luggage only so no problem there. Doesn't make sense to …haha yea it's hand luggage only so no problem there. Doesn't make sense to me why the same flights plus 2 more would cost twice the price

We recently bought three flights when we were only going from Birmingham to Naples and back again! It was stupid. So stupid. Return Naples to Birmingham was £80. Single from Birmingham to Naples was £90. Return flight was £380. You'll never guess what we did...
I'm sure I've read somewhere that the airline can cancel your ticket if you don't make the full journey as planned, as far as they can see you never made it to Airport C, so why would you need a plane from Airport C to Airport A (believe this might be more of a Secuirty issue too)
Bob2460125/11/2019 05:34

I'm sure I've read somewhere that the airline can cancel your ticket if …I'm sure I've read somewhere that the airline can cancel your ticket if you don't make the full journey as planned, as far as they can see you never made it to Airport C, so why would you need a plane from Airport C to Airport A (believe this might be more of a Secuirty issue too)

Yes, this is true depending on airline.
If this is a ticket with a non point to point airline then the return trip would be gone.
If this is a ticket on a point to point airline then go for it.
chris1999225/11/2019 06:11

Yes, this is true depending on airline.If this is a ticket with a non …Yes, this is true depending on airline.If this is a ticket with a non point to point airline then the return trip would be gone.If this is a ticket on a point to point airline then go for it.

What's a point to point airline? I too have heard of subsequent flights being cancelled when there's been a 'No Show' for one of the flights.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 25th Nov
yorkie1225/11/2019 08:48

What's a point to point airline? I too have heard of subsequent flights …What's a point to point airline? I too have heard of subsequent flights being cancelled when there's been a 'No Show' for one of the flights.

Point to point would basically be budget airlines where they sell all tickets on a point to point basis (a to b) and any return tickets are actually 2 separate tickets, some might sell a ticket a-c but it is a completely unprotected transit at b.

You can easily miss part of most budget airline routes as tickets are nearly always separated but always check t&c's as they can vary wildly.

Contrast this to a full service airline which sells complete tickets with protected transits and suddenly if you miss one segment the rest of the trip is cancelled (this is where you get charged a no show fee and a substantial rebooking fee), this is only ever advisable if you want to terminate at b on the return journey.
Edited by: "chris19992" 25th Nov
chris1999225/11/2019 09:44

Point to point would basically be budget airlines where they sell all …Point to point would basically be budget airlines where they sell all tickets on a point to point basis (a to b) and any return tickets are actually 2 separate tickets, some might sell a ticket a-c but it is a completely unprotected transit at b.You can easily miss part of most budget airline routes as tickets are nearly always separated but always check t&c's as they can vary wildly.Contrast this to a full service airline which sells complete tickets with protected transits and suddenly if you miss one segment the rest of the trip is cancelled (this is where you get charged a no show fee and a substantial rebooking fee), this is only ever advisable if you want to terminate at b on the return journey.

Thanks Chris , I've never thought of trying to do a multi city ticket with Ryan Air and the like. You'd have to allow plenty of time for any connections as they wouldn't be helping you to re book if you missed a flight.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 25th Nov
yorkie1225/11/2019 09:50

Thanks Chris , I've never thought of trying to do a multi city ticket with …Thanks Chris , I've never thought of trying to do a multi city ticket with Ryan Air and the like. You'd have to allow plenty of time for any connections as they wouldn't be helping you to re book if you missed a flight.

You'd be surprised the amount of people who would try it, for the life of me I can't understand. It seems like not a week goes by without someone in tripadvisor asking if they can make a 2 hour connection between budget flights.
deals6924/11/2019 22:35

Yup I'm quite sure that's fine. Dont go based off my opinion tho. There …Yup I'm quite sure that's fine. Dont go based off my opinion tho. There used to be a website that would find these types of deals for you but it got shut down

It's because of the demand for a certain flight. They put the prices up to stop a flight selling out too soon
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants