Expired

Can you buy Minecraft for PC / laptop?

Found 1st May 2013
My son already has this on his xbox but wants it on his laptop for when he stays at his nanas house - looked on eBay / Tesco Entertainment etc but can't see it on a disc? Do you have to download it and if so how much is it and is there a legit website?
Cheers
Community Updates
AskLaptopPCMinecraft
9 Comments
hi,
head on over to www.minecraft.net
you can register and pay for the minecraft download for your pc.
What kind of laptop does your son have? 90% of laptops struggle to play this game as it is so demanding on the GPU and most bog standard laptops have just Intel graphics, unless it has an AMD or Nvidia mobile graphics card it might not be worth buying
Original Poster
It's a Dell Inspiron 15R
hmm i have a few of my lads friends running minecraft on their old laptops, it does struggle quite a bit. how about trying the demo first to see?
Original Poster
Can you get the demo from the same website?
yes you can , theres a link to the right of the page
Original Poster
Excellent thank you - will try it tonight for him (_;)
Neo1607

What kind of laptop does your son have? 90% of laptops struggle to play … What kind of laptop does your son have? 90% of laptops struggle to play this game as it is so demanding on the GPU and most bog standard laptops have just Intel graphics, unless it has an AMD or Nvidia mobile graphics card it might not be worth buying

I ran it on my old Dell Inspiron 1520 with 2GB of RAM and an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6Ghz, no dedicated graphics card, it would stutter at times but it still ran ok, just lower the graphics settings.
Neo1607

What kind of laptop does your son have? 90% of laptops struggle to play … What kind of laptop does your son have? 90% of laptops struggle to play this game as it is so demanding on the GPU and most bog standard laptops have just Intel graphics, unless it has an AMD or Nvidia mobile graphics card it might not be worth buying

Rubbish. Runs fine on the lenovo X61 with bog standard graphics.

You do need to get the correct drivers from intel rather than the default ones from microsoft. The standard drivers don't do 3d acceleration, the older ones from intel do.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions