Groups

Can you buy text messages for o2? Not a bolt on?

Hiya, was just wondering if you can buy text messages from o2 for a PAYG phone? I have £18 credit and my free 300 texts have run out, so wanted to buy a lump amount of texts to save money, but I don't want a bolt on, just a one off. Can you do this?

9 Comments

Nope... Best just go on the text and internet taffif... unlimited texts and internet for £15 a month top up

Original Poster

I don't really use the internet, and my free 300 texts is usually plenty for me. I just end up with loads of credit to use, lol. Was hoping I could just buy a lump sum of texts to use. Oh well. Thanks anyways

if its any use, u can sent up to 10 txts a day from the o2 websiite from your computer.

lola;6666327

if its any use, u can sent up to 10 txts a day from the o2 websiite from … if its any use, u can sent up to 10 txts a day from the o2 websiite from your computer.

And you can buy more which works out cheaper than normal...

I used to use Fishtext before i got unlimited texts... it was 2p a text and used my iphones internet to send texts...

If you have a jailbroken iphone, look into bitesms from Cydia.

Original Poster

sickly sweet;6666632

If you have a jailbroken iphone, look into bitesms from Cydia.

Nope, just a crappy old Sony

lola;6666327

if its any use, u can sent up to 10 txts a day from the o2 websiite from … if its any use, u can sent up to 10 txts a day from the o2 websiite from your computer.

dean3988;6666553

And you can buy more which works out cheaper than normal...I used to use … And you can buy more which works out cheaper than normal...I used to use Fishtext before i got unlimited texts... it was 2p a text and used my iphones internet to send texts...

That doesn't help me spend my £18 credit though... lol

Does anyone know how easy (or not) It is to cancel a bolt on? I was debating ordering the 200 texts bolt on, then canceling it again. Not sure if this would work.

You can buy a bolt on and just use it for one month, you are not commited to use it the following month, just cancel it when you have used the texts up

re 02 webtext, you can send 10 free texts a month then buy them in blocks of 30 for £1.50, the free ones are shortened as they carry an advertisement, the paid ones are standard character length, the £1.50 is charged to your phone and a text is sent with a code you redeem on the o2 website.

Messaging Bolt Ons
    Look no further for more texts than your fingers can cope with

Messaging 400
    £11.99 per month
    400 UK messaging units (3p texts or 9p picture messages).*

Messaging 200
    £9.99 per month
    200 UK messaging units (5p texts or 15p picture messages).*

Messaging 100
    £6.99 per month
    100 UK messaging units (7p texts or 21p picture messages).*

Messaging 50
    £3.99 per month
    50 UK messaging units (8p texts or 25p picture messages).*

Taken from] here

Bolt ons can be a one off: just buy it, then when you longer want it, follow the simple instructions to cancel it, you can have it for just one month.

ChipSticks;6666739

Nope, just a crappy old SonyThat doesn't help me spend my £18 credit … Nope, just a crappy old SonyThat doesn't help me spend my £18 credit though... lol :)Does anyone know how easy (or not) It is to cancel a bolt on? I was debating ordering the 200 texts bolt on, then canceling it again. Not sure if this would work.

You can buy credit from them using texts... So they charge you £5 from your credit....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Moving Light Switch / Wireless options67
      2. dishwasher mistake1117
      3. Virgin Media when moving house69
      4. Fitted Sheet66

See more discussions