Can you cap allowances on TalkMobile?

Found 7th Aug 2012
My contract with 3Mobile is coming to an end and I need a SIM only plan.

3 Network offered me 300mins 3000texts 1gb data for £10 a month.

TalkMobile however offer 300mins 1000texts 500mb data for £8 a month. (Now this offer is better for me as I only use 200mins 800texts and 400mb data each month)

But it's no good switching to them if I can't put a cap on my allowances, which is very important to me after this one time which I'm not gonna go into...

Anyone know? or better yet, anyone know what 3 will offer me if I go through to cancellations?

1. Misc
  2. Wales
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Wales
14 Comments

if you have ICS4.0 your phone can put the cap on for you.

i don't think any operator puts a cap on for you except T-Mobile.

t mobile defiantly don't cap .....as far as im aware 3 are the only network that do

i should reiterate...tmobile do ufix plans but there allowances are shocking ....the last time i looked in to it(which wasn't too long ago) 3 were the only network that would put a cap on there contract sim/phones ......virgin will put a £50 a month limit on which reduces the risk a little and they have decent sim only deals ...but i think id stick with bartering with 3
Edited by: "broadyo796" 7th Aug 2012

Original Poster

mutley1

if you have ICS4.0 your phone can put the cap on for you.i don't think … if you have ICS4.0 your phone can put the cap on for you.i don't think any operator puts a cap on for you except T-Mobile.

I think I'm on 2.3 :L

Got an Xperia Play and it's the last update they are doing which has been confirmed. I don't want to get rid of it as it's an epic phone, free PS1, N64, SEGA, megadrive, Gameboy, NES etc for life with this phone. It's the gamepad which is keeping me with the phone.

My tesco mobile sim I can cap .

500 mins 3000 texts 500mb .

£10 a month .

broadyo796

i should reiterate...tmobile do ufix plans but there allowances are … i should reiterate...tmobile do ufix plans but there allowances are shocking ....the last time i looked in to it(which wasn't too long ago) 3 were the only network that would put a cap on there contract sim/phones ......virgin will put a £50 a month limit on which reduces the risk a little and they have decent sim only deals ...but i think id stick with bartering with 3

t-mobile caps data allowance. their data allowance allows unlimited browsing but limited data download unless you are on full monty. so you will never be charged for going over your data allowance.

they don't cap calls or texts though.

JamesClark1991

I think I'm on 2.3 :LGot an Xperia Play and it's the last update they are … I think I'm on 2.3 :LGot an Xperia Play and it's the last update they are doing which has been confirmed. I don't want to get rid of it as it's an epic phone, free PS1, N64, SEGA, megadrive, Gameboy, NES etc for life with this phone. It's the gamepad which is keeping me with the phone.

you can always call up cancellations and say that you are looking around to see what is on offer so what is available to you from them. you don't have to cancel immediately in the same phone call, you could always say you will think about it if they don't offer you something good.

works for me on t-mobile.

Talkmobile do offer a cap. I think ten pounds is the lowest. You must phone them and ask them to set it up...

my contracts wirlth three are coming to an end too i called talk mobile to ask this as they have some really good deals butt they said they dont cap!.
for a teens contract thats dangerous fr ap parent. the bills would be shocking!,
you should call them up n ask fora pac code. which you have 30 days to use then you wait till the last few days of your contract and they will call you most likely reduce your line rental by a fiver if you go sim only. on a 12 month flexible contract n you can negotiate your allowance if needed too. or you can cancel the conteact then just take out a new one through quidco and with cashback it works out to just over a fiver per month for the same ten pound contract!

you dont ask for a cap !
you ask to set your SPEND LIMIT at £1 or even 1p its up to you not them (how high its set is up to them not you)
done it for the last 2 years after getting advice from OFCOM
operators can not refuse you BUT THEY WILL TRY
before anyone says you cant just call ofcom and confirm

Original Poster

q44q

you dont ask for a cap !you ask to set your SPEND LIMIT at £1 or even 1p … you dont ask for a cap !you ask to set your SPEND LIMIT at £1 or even 1p its up to you not them (how high its set is up to them not you)done it for the last 2 years after getting advice from OFCOM operators can not refuse you BUT THEY WILL TRYbefore anyone says you cant just call ofcom and confirm

I just rang TalkMobile as I've heard different stories from replies here, they said the minimum cap they do is £10 they can't go lower. Guess I'm staying with 3Network then...

JamesClark1991

I just rang TalkMobile as I've heard different stories from replies here, … I just rang TalkMobile as I've heard different stories from replies here, they said the minimum cap they do is £10 they can't go lower. Guess I'm staying with 3Network then...

ive done it with tmobile/3 and a couple of others
if they refused to let you set a low spend limit (ITS NOT A CAP) call ofcom
Edited by: "q44q" 8th Aug 2012

JamesClark1991

I just rang TalkMobile as I've heard different stories from replies here, … I just rang TalkMobile as I've heard different stories from replies here, they said the minimum cap they do is £10 they can't go lower. Guess I'm staying with 3Network then...

Just called and got the same script... £10 "spent limit" (which does not include the £7.50/m tarriff)

talkmobile cap but have a 48 hour delay and a lot over the cap can be spent in that 48 hour period.
I have now limited mine to £10 which should mean I can only go over by some £50 its all in the 48 hours
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions