Can you change the battery on the newer style Oral B 4000 toothbrush?

Found 15th Aug 2017
This one for example:

amazon.co.uk/Ora…hpc

Battery only lasts a day now, and I see lots of batteries on eBay, but they seem to refer to an older model. Some battery replacement site says they don't do newer style Oral B which makes me think it's maybe not replaceable at all..

Any ideas?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
No point in buying anything other than the cheapest OralB, which is about fifteen quid, as the batteris never last. They seem to be designed to be chucked in landfill after about a year.
You can but if you are not good with a soldering iron I wouldn't recommend it. I've done it a few times but sometimes if they are on offer it's easier to buy a new one

here you go Link
these tend to be so cheap these days, you might as well buy a new one when the batteries stop working.
termite3 h, 58 m ago

No point in buying anything other than the cheapest OralB, which is about …No point in buying anything other than the cheapest OralB, which is about fifteen quid, as the batteris never last. They seem to be designed to be chucked in landfill after about a year.

Maybe buy a different brand if the batteries are rubbish in Oral B ... I've got a Colgate and the battery is still good as new.
I've got one of these - my Eneloop rechargable batteries last two-three weeks and a recharge only takes an hour or two.
mutley120 h, 18 m ago

these tend to be so cheap these days, you might as well buy a new one when …these tend to be so cheap these days, you might as well buy a new one when the batteries stop working.

£60... Cheap?

Are you OK?
cphilpot20 h, 7 m ago

Maybe buy a different brand if the batteries are rubbish in Oral B ... …Maybe buy a different brand if the batteries are rubbish in Oral B ... I've got a Colgate and the battery is still good as new.

The Oral B toothbrushes clean teeth better than anything else, so the buy the cheapest one and chuck it away is the best option.
Original Poster
Thanks guys, wasn't aware it'd be such a big job to do. Expected some hassle but not Apple level!

Just seems really wasteful. The brush is perfectly fine, just needs a new little battery in it. Should be illegal to pull stunts like this
Buy a new one, send the current one back as faulty in a week or two
Erubadhron1 h, 2 m ago

Buy a new one, send the current one back as faulty in a week or two

You Sir, are a criminal mastermind in the making
Original Poster
Sherlock v Erubadhron next season

Love this!
Accidents happen!
Two identical units, you're bound to get the two of them confused!

If they make us play stupid games then we just have to play better than they do
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions