Groups

can you charge laptop in car?

i know they have mobile chargers that u plug into cig port in cars is there something for laptops to be charged on the go if so wheres best price? cheers

12 Comments

yes i do it all the time. i use a belkin power adapter and wht it does is convert the 12v car cigarette charger end into a 3 pin plug socket on this box the size of a small tissue box then i plug in the laptop charger into the box.

Banned

The car battery won't like it if the engine isn't running, but yes possible as stated above

ALICOM007;4710329

yes i do it all the time. i use a belkin power adapter and wht it does is … yes i do it all the time. i use a belkin power adapter and wht it does is convert the 12v car cigarette charger end into a 3 pin plug socket on this box the size of a small tissue box then i plug in the laptop charger into the box.

Better to use a proper car charger, though, of course. An "inverter" described above will do: DC (car battery) to AC (inverter output) which will then be converted back to DC for the laptop (laptop power supply/transformer). This is not the most effective nor efficient way. Just do a search for "Car Laptop Charger".

It can be done, the only way i know is of a car power inverter, found one for about £14 on ebay with P+P (Item number: 250380156184) or from
    sourcingmap.com/150…tml
    for £24.20 + £3.46

Hope that helps...
    Although dont know what wattage is required?!

Good Luck:thumbsup:

my one is like this one item number: 220381551325

ALICOM007;4710441

my one is like this one item number: 220381551325

That does look more sensible and reliable... I'd probably end up going for something like that if I was to get one

I posted a deal for something that will charge it from wall. car or plane's power point and will even let you charge 2 things at once. ]Here

Take a look at this.... (may be easier than the links of ebay etc..

halfords.com/web…727

Ring Powersource Inverter 75W Cat code: 178210-0

We have an exclusive range of portable power products for sale, that can be used in the car or for power while camping and caravanning. Ring Powersource Inverter 75W transforms your vehicle into a mobile office or home from home!
    Features and Benefits:
    Work on you laptop between meetings
    Play on your video games console
    Charge up your mobile phone or camcorder
    Flexible design-adjustable positioning
    2 way fuse protection
    Low battery voltage protection alarm
    Over voltage protection
    Low battery shutdown protection
    Overload protection
    Temperature protection

I know Halfords do some better ones but your looking at least at £50 upwards.

Rick

Original Poster

thanx guys but not looking to pay anymore then a tenner

bellows;4710575

You can get an inverter form ebay for less than a tenner, although it would be from hong kong so u would be waitin about 2 weeks

Original Poster

Gigzz;4710648

You can get an inverter form ebay for less than a tenner, although it … You can get an inverter form ebay for less than a tenner, although it would be from hong kong so u would be waitin about 2 weeks

cheers ill have a look

bellows;4710575

be prepared to buy twice then............ a lot of the cheap units from HK are not fused and tend to power surge..... enjoy your laptop while you can.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions