Can you count?

Count every " F" in the following text:

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...

HOW MANY ?

18 Comments

That was quite good 2 years ago.............

5, missed the one in scientific!

But I've read this before so knew to look out for of.

Very Clever, your eyes skip past the word 'of' doesn't it?

Hmm... That would make me a genius, which I'm not. I didn't process the ofs, I processed each letter individually.

Weird

Thank you I keep telling my husabnd I'm a genius but he never beleives me now I have proof:-D

I got 6.....guess it's cos i knew it was comming

bellabonkers;2222875

i got 6 too!

Original Poster

bellabonkers;2222875

No bella its because you are smart :roll:

erm I got 7...recounting...six...must be tired...

isn't it just 1?

schaf;2223175

isn't it just 1?

.....why?

chrysha;2223223

.....why?

because it says count every " F" - note the space - and hence that would mean looking for the number of words starting with F (not counting the first one) - therefore 1

schaf;2223244

because it says count every " F" - note the space - and hence that would … because it says count every " F" - note the space - and hence that would mean looking for the number of words starting with F (not counting the first one) - therefore 1

eh???

skusey;2222854

Very Clever, your eyes skip past the word 'of' doesn't it?

Yep that's exactly it - the results of trying this on school children are interesting, younger school children constistently get it right as they are much slower in their reading and count through the of's. Older children who are faster at reading skip straight past words like 'of' without even thinking about it, so much so that when asked to count the 'f's they miss them.

John

schaf;2223244

because it says count every " F" - note the space - and hence that would … because it says count every " F" - note the space - and hence that would mean looking for the number of words starting with F (not counting the first one) - therefore 1

Mmmmm you've lost me, I go with 6

chrysha;2223283

Mmmmm you've lost me, I go with 6

how often do you find a space followed by an F -> only once
how often do you just find an F -> yes, 6 but that's quite easy

Benjimoron;2222851

5, missed the one in scientific! But I've read this before so knew to … 5, missed the one in scientific! But I've read this before so knew to look out for of.

Lol:oops:

[SIZE="6"]SIX[/SIZE]
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions