Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Book
20 Comments

Original Poster Banned

lil_tiger;6580375

]cudda googled it????? ...wudda been a start

never even thought about it, but thanks for the link

dont see why you cant, oxfam or local charity shops always appreciate books - its where i take mine.

Original Poster Banned

we started going to the library van that comes to our estate once a week and the books are really poor, in what they have and the state of the books, but would have felt a little embaressed in asking incase you couldnt, why on earth he needs to go to a library, his bedroom is like one

Charlie Scene;6580393

dont see why you cant, oxfam or local charity shops always appreciate … dont see why you cant, oxfam or local charity shops always appreciate books - its where i take mine.

you would be suprised....I wanted to give them my (still in date) A Level books when I passed, prob a couple of hundred £££ worth....they wouldnt accept any of them...didnt fit into a section, had a couple of notes in, over-emotive/controvertial (sp) topics (remembering they were A-Level subjects, psych/sociology etc) blah blah blah :whistling: its daft really

you can never have enough - books = knowledge :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

Charlie Scene;6580423

you can never have enough - books = knowledge :thumbsup:

no i know you can't, but was wondering what to do with them after he has finished with them all, and after seeing the books in the library last week i thought maybe they could do with a few, as i mainly see children using it and it is pretty poor

sassie;6580432

no i know you can't, but was wondering what to do with them after he has … no i know you can't, but was wondering what to do with them after he has finished with them all, and after seeing the books in the library last week i thought maybe they could do with a few, as i mainly see children using it and it is pretty poor

go for it, i am sure they will appreciate them.

Banned

i highly doubt a library would want to receive books, especially if they were in decent condition

Original Poster Banned

casparwhite;6580518

i highly doubt a library would want to receive books, especially if they … i highly doubt a library would want to receive books, especially if they were in decent condition

:?:?:?

Sloth/Mod

sassie;6580411

we started going to the library van that comes to our estate once a week … we started going to the library van that comes to our estate once a week and the books are really poor, in what they have and the state of the books, but would have felt a little embaressed in asking incase you couldnt, why on earth he needs to go to a library, his bedroom is like one

You sure it's not the chip van and you are reading the wrappers? :-D

Original Poster Banned

Syzable;6580544

You sure it's not the chip van and you are reading the wrappers? :-D

flippin eck sy, aint seen one of those since i was a kid :oops::oops:

Ditto Charlie Scene i help out at [COLOR="Blue"]YMCA[/COLOR] charity, all charity shops are appreciative.....

Sloth/Mod

sassie;6580553

flippin eck sy, aint seen one of those since i was a kid :oops::oops:

We still have one. Poor bloke must be 90 :lol:

how about donating to a childrens ward ?

Original Poster Banned

M12NVU;6580558

Ditto Charlie Scene i help out at [COLOR="Blue"]YMCA[/COLOR] charity, all … Ditto Charlie Scene i help out at [COLOR="Blue"]YMCA[/COLOR] charity, all charity shops are appreciative.....

i donated alot of videos to the charity shop, and just thought i would donate to the library where other children can make use for free, its that or like a childrens hospice

Original Poster Banned

Syzable;6580562

We still have one. Poor bloke must be 90 :lol:

awqwww i remember as a kid we never had chips, my dad was a butcher and we had meat and veg every day, we used to so envy the other kids who used to go chip van on a friday, we used to ask if they had any free bits, you know the batter bits (forgot what we used to call them):oops:

I take my books to the local hospital where they have got a little book shop. They sell them to raise money for the hospital and are always very pleased to receive any books.

Original Poster Banned

bitseylango;6580573

how about donating to a childrens ward ?

whoops sorry bits, missed your post, yes another idea to think about
debbielon;6580631

I take my books to the local hospital where they have got a little book … I take my books to the local hospital where they have got a little book shop. They sell them to raise money for the hospital and are always very pleased to receive any books.

i know the money used goes to charity, but would rather give the books where they will be read, rather than sold on

What about donating them to the school your boy goes to?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Urgent help needed with travel agent55
    2. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    4. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop33

See more discussions