Can you find someones name from SC & AN - UK

Posted 31st Oct
Hey everyone, Cut a long story short. I have had some money supposedly transferred to me however it has not arrived. Upon checking we have realized they are the wrong account information.
We have contacted the bank however we want to contact the person who's bank it is so it can be refunded by them, problem is there is no name and i need to find out who they belong to.
Can anyone help please.
Thank-you!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
No.

You will need to leave it up to the bank to contact them to ask them to return the money:
which.co.uk/con…unt
Edited by: "emodan" 31st Oct
Ooops. Believe it or not, the 'receiver' is under no obligation to return the money. All the senders bank can do is "request" the money be returned. These are the dangers of bank transfer transactions. I take it; for security purposes; your bank cannot give out that info?

Upon contact, what did their bank suggest? They must have told the sender what happens in a situation such as this? Or have you hit a dead end with them?

I thought I'd better edit my post as I originally made it from the point of YOU being the 'sender' of the transfer. To be clear, it is the 'senders' responsibility to contact their bank ASAP. You, as the intended 'recipient' are kind of in the middle, as it were.
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 31st Oct
From the "Choose" website:

When transfers go wrong

Wrong sort code or account number: Human error is an inevitable part of life - and is especially prevalent when we're required to type in meaningless strings of numbers, such as sort codes and account numbers.

If we mistakenly enter a wrong digit, then the money could go to the wrong party.

If this is the case, we need to contact our own bank as soon as possible. They can't stop a payment that's already been made, but most will act on our behalf in trying to track it down and recover it.

Also, have a read of this:
which.co.uk/con…unt
Transfer in £0.01 to their account and add your mobile number to the description. Might need a few pence to get your message across.

They might not want to transfer it back in case the bank also takes it and they are out of pocket.

metro.co.uk/201…51/
Edited by: "scottishpunter" 31st Oct
scottishpunter31/10/2019 15:31

Transfer in £0.01 to their account and add your mobile number to the …Transfer in £0.01 to their account and add your mobile number to the description. Might need a few pence to get your message across.They might not want to transfer it back in case the bank also takes it and they are out of pocket.https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/15/man-got-lost-wallet-back-thanks-1p-bank-transfers-good-samaritan-10923151/

Genius
The sender will have to contact their bank first and say a mistake was made. Then the Receivers Bank can get involved and if the money got in is disputed they can freeze the account till its sorted. You wont be able to get the details of anything.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants