Expired

Can you find these cheaper?

13 replies
Found 19th May 2010
Presario CQ5308UK Desktop PC (WE220AA) - AMD Athlon II X2 processor 215, 3GB RAM, 320GB Hard Drive, Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
£254.62

Samsung SM2243NW 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor £113.50

I am after a new pc and found those, is it worth the £370 or is it available cheaper?

I am after a dual core (not pentium or celeron) on W7, and with a few GB of ram. HD size isn't an issue and can whack another in or use my external.

I am after a 22" monitor as well... I love the look of the sammy's so would like to get one if possible.

Also 64 bit allows me to go over the 4gb limit which is on the 32 bit version?

cheers guys

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

Have a look ]here. It claims at the top of the page to use the code TDX-CCB2 for £10 off this price. Not much in it TBH.

As for ram 3gb will be plenty.

If your looking to self build it will cost you more but you can get better products that you could overclock if you want more performance.

Just bare in mind neither of the above have native HD decoding capabilities.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8645811

Have a look ]here. It claims at the top of the page to use the code … Have a look ]here. It claims at the top of the page to use the code TDX-CCB2 for £10 off this price. Not much in it TBH.As for ram 3gb will be plenty.If your looking to self build it will cost you more but you can get better products that you could overclock if you want more performance.Just bare in mind neither of the above have native HD decoding capabilities.

Cheers Gav... It has a celeron, which the other site doesn't show :x Still looking again :roll:

I am after a pc for webdesign, I use PS a little but mostly just using a text editor so don't need huge power.

Hopefully want a Core I3 / I5 as then I am future proof :whistling: I have a pentium dual core now and it lags a lot...

Not going down the self build route as it's for work so want the pre-built

Original Poster

Gonna go for ]this, and then find a monitor, I get 10% off plus the £10 voucher :-D

faevilangel;8646089

Cheers Gav... It has a celeron, which the other site doesn't show :x … Cheers Gav... It has a celeron, which the other site doesn't show :x Still looking again :roll:I am after a pc for webdesign, I use PS a little but mostly just using a text editor so don't need huge power.Hopefully want a Core I3 / I5 as then I am future proof :whistling: I have a pentium dual core now and it lags a lot...Not going down the self build route as it's for work so want the pre-built

Yes the E3300 is a celeron but don't let it put you off it's basically a C2D with less cache. It's slightly stronger than the AMD you listed on your listing, but not huge amounts in it.

Systems have moved on a fair bit in the last few year so you may find that the E3300 is a fair bit faster than your old pentium. Also hard disks have improved a fair deal.

You could always just upgrade your current processor and a new hard disk. Guessing work are paying so get a computer shop to fit it so you get a receipt.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8646233

Yes the E3300 is a celeron but don't let it put you off it's basically a … Yes the E3300 is a celeron but don't let it put you off it's basically a C2D with less cache. It's slightly stronger than the AMD you listed on your listing, but not huge amounts in it.Systems have moved on a fair bit in the last few year so you may find that the E3300 is a fair bit faster than your old pentium. Also hard disks have improved a fair deal.You could always just upgrade your current processor and a new hard disk. Guessing work are paying so get a computer shop to fit it so you get a receipt.

Nah I'm self employed so paying for it :x It's a lappy I am using at the moment so need the PC. I want to upgrade rather than downgrade :w00t:

Got the tesco one I linked to for £320 after discounts and free delivery :-D

faevilangel;8646453

Nah I'm self employed so paying for it :x It's a lappy I am using at the … Nah I'm self employed so paying for it :x It's a lappy I am using at the moment so need the PC. I want to upgrade rather than downgrade :w00t:Got the tesco one I linked to for £320 after discounts and free delivery :-D

I don't see the problem with a self build then as will be more stable than a cheap system.
It is an upgrade! The E3300 if faster than any pentium dual core!

But yes if you get get that for £320 then thats the way to go.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8646570

I don't see the problem with a self build then as will be more stable … I don't see the problem with a self build then as will be more stable than a cheap system.It is an upgrade! The E3300 if faster than any pentium dual core!But yes if you get get that for £320 then thats the way to go.:thumbsup:

Bloody Tesco site has gone down :x Can't use staff discount but it just reminded me to use Quidco :w00t:

I gotta order it and then claim the money back or wait for them to fix the site :roll:

faevilangel;8646615

Bloody Tesco site has gone down :x Can't use staff discount but it just … Bloody Tesco site has gone down :x Can't use staff discount but it just reminded me to use Quidco :w00t:I gotta order it and then claim the money back or wait for them to fix the site :roll:

You own Tesco and you can only afford a £300 PC, shocking times!:w00t:

Original Poster

Also Gav while I got your attention what would my lappy be worth?

Pentuim dual core 2.16 GHZ, vista basic, 2gb ram, 160GB hdd,

It's a dell 1525 which is about 14 months old

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8646641

You own Tesco and you can only afford a £300 PC, shocking times!:w00t:

I wish I did, I'm a part time slave in there

faevilangel;8646671

Also Gav while I got your attention what would my lappy be worth?Pentuim … Also Gav while I got your attention what would my lappy be worth?Pentuim dual core 2.16 GHZ, vista basic, 2gb ram, 160GB hdd, It's a dell 1525 which is about 14 months old

Would have though if its in good order you should get £200 for it.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8646711

Would have though if its in good order you should get £200 for it.

Cheers dude, repped ya :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66709
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions