Groups

can you get a refund on a cancelled credit card from fraud?

My credit card details got stolen so I cancelled my card yesterday morning and they are sending a new one the company have refunded me the amount they have used but to the old card number will I still be able to get it?

10 Comments

natalieb89

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09My credit card details got stolen so I cancelled … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09My credit card details got stolen so I cancelled my card yesterday morning and they are sending a new one the company have refunded me the amount they have used but to the old card number will I still be able to get it?\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

the CC is "attached" to an account number (just like you debit cards are) so money will be sent back to the account no the card

when you say the company refunded you, do you mean the credit card company?

Yes

Original Poster

mutley1

when you say the company refunded you, do you mean the credit card … when you say the company refunded you, do you mean the credit card company?

No the company that the fraudster purchased from

natalieb894 m ago

No the company that the fraudster purchased from

when my credit card was used fraudulently and that has happened several times! my credit card provider dealt with it all and so they reversed all the transactions that were carried out by the fraudster and i did not have to get involved at all. i thought this was the process as this has always been the process for me.

Yes, the banks normally do this. Contact them, explain what happen & they should be able to deal with it & reverse the transaction.

Original Poster

my bank said they will but the money back in for me but the company has also given me a refund but to old card?

natalieb8916 m ago

my bank said they will but the money back in for me but the company has …my bank said they will but the money back in for me but the company has also given me a refund but to old card?

you can't make a profit so you won't get the money back from the bank and the company's refund. it will all be sorted out through your bank and not the normal credit refund for returns items.

Stop worrying, your credit card company deal with credit card fraud all day long, you won't be out of pocket.

If it's a double refund, I.E your bank or credit card company credited the amount back, and the company issued a refund; your bank and or credit card company will take their credited amount back, as you've received a refund from the merchant the fraudsters purchased from.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.79
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767348
      3. What would be HELL to you?2637
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927370

See more discussions