Can you get a Ringer Amplfier for a cordless phone?

Found 26th Oct 2017
I phone my mother every morning to make sure she gets up to take her tablets as she is not an early riser, unfortunately her hearing is getting worse and the phone ringing is not always waking her up so I was wondering if there was any way I could get a Ringer Amplifier for the bedroom phone which is a cordless one - she can hear who's speaking as the phone has a booster button for calls but not for the ringer. I do know that you can get one that fits to the main phone that will be no use as that is in the lounge and she can hear it when she's awake - I seem to of spent hours searching for one to buy can't seem to find anything suitable so I thought I would ask you lovely people here if it is possible or not
Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Very much doubt what you ask for exists.

Buy her one of those old style twin bell alarm clocks, if that doesn't wake her up nothing will.
Thinking out of the box. Could you get her a smart watch or fitness band that vibrates when you call her mobile? If she doesnt have a mobile, you can buy one just for this purpose?
You can get vibrating pads which go under a pillow and attach to alarm clocks and some cordless phones.
My dad uses one which is attached to his alarm clock as without his hearing aids he can't hear it, it works brilliantly.
They make amps for cabled phones but wasn't sure about cordless ones but found this on amazon, not sure if it's any good? I'm not entirely sure if it's a standalone thing or whether you need another one of their products, worth a Google as the Amazon description is not clear. And there's an "open box - like new" one for £6.50 in warehouse, could be worth a punt at that price?

amazon.co.uk/gp/…ion
dirty_stan1 h, 31 m ago

They make amps for cabled phones but wasn't sure about cordless ones but …They make amps for cabled phones but wasn't sure about cordless ones but found this on amazon, not sure if it's any good? I'm not entirely sure if it's a standalone thing or whether you need another one of their products, worth a Google as the Amazon description is not clear. And there's an "open box - like new" one for £6.50 in warehouse, could be worth a punt at that price?https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008OGLQWI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1509019790&sr=8-1&keywords=Geemarc+AMPLICALL+40+wireless+ringer+detector+for+the+Hard+of+Hearing-+UK+Version

That's a Transmitter it doesn't make any sounds, you need the receiver that goes with it, AMPLICALL50
Original Poster
The vibrating pads look promising if I can get one that will work with her phone -

The reviews for the Geemarc AMPLICALL 40 wireless ringer detector are a bit hit and miss so not sure about that one -

Your ideas would be great if she was a bit younger Mutley
Thank you all for your replies
Buy her an Amazon Echo for Christmas
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions