Groups

Can you get cashback in foreign supermarket (Europe?)

I use a Nationwide card for no-fee ATM withdrawals in Europe. However, from November the will start to charge a 1% fee.

However, buying goods will still carry no charge. So, can I get cashback when buying goods in a shop - anyone done this in Europe with a british debit card?

7 Comments

Hi, I lived in France for a while and you couldn't get cashback at the Supermarkets there then,mind you that was about 5 years ago.

The answer is yes, you can, I got it regularly from numerous supermarkets/supermarches's all over france - 2 years ago, and 3 years ago... so answer is yes :-)

Enjoy!

however you will be charged 1% - as they differentiate it when it goes through the til, it is a cash item because its cash.

" I use a Nationwide card for no-fee ATM withdrawals in Europe. However, from November the will start to charge a 1% fee. "

They will be charging more than 1%.

Depends very much where in Europe, but if they do, they will still charge you.

Just get a caxton, no fees there.

Original Poster

Inactive

" I use a Nationwide card for no-fee ATM withdrawals in Europe. … " I use a Nationwide card for no-fee ATM withdrawals in Europe. However, from November the will start to charge a 1% fee. "They will be charging more than 1%.Depends very much where in Europe, but if they do, they will still charge you.

Really? Do you know different to what their website says?

virus

virus

I know exactly what their website says, and it is double the 1% that you think it is.

2% in fact.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846238
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32183
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2437
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio1732

See more discussions