Can you get free Virgin installation?

Banned
Is it possible to get Virgin to install the V+ box or 50mb broadband for free?
I already have 20mb broadband and a normal cable set top box and can't imagine why they would want to charge £99 to install the v+ and £50 to install the router/modem for the broadband.

I argued with the guy on the phone who was unable to explain why I had to have an engineer out. Apparently you have to have an engineer, period, therefore they want to charge me about £150 in ridiculous installation charges.

I'm sure I can upgrade and fit the equipment myself.

Any ideas if it's possible to somehow tell them to go to hell and just deliver the equipment for me to do it myself?

Incidentally, they were quoting an additional £11 a month to go from 20mb to 50mb broadband.

5 Comments

according to ]THIS, VM are offering free installation, something my mam took up recently whern she upgraded from BB to a 3 in 1 Bundle

In the end she got BB M (10mb, but all she needs/ever uses)
TV M+ (65 channels)
XL Phone
Line Rental

£30.50pm for 12 months.

why not threaten to leave, or actaully leave then come back cos you get free installtion and 1st 2 months are completly free :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

demolisher;6239872

why not threaten to leave, or actaully leave then come back cos you get … why not threaten to leave, or actaully leave then come back cos you get free installtion and 1st 2 months are completly free :thumbsup:

That's because I am getting a good deal from them at present, including paying less for my broadband than I should be.

the charge for v+ is a legal thing, that they don't want to sell you the box, but they need to recoup the cost of the things so they do it that way. and going up to 50mb requires line conversion that actually genuinely requires an engineer.

Original Poster Banned

What exactly does the engineer do?
Replace the cable to the house?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763885
    2. What an absolute disgrace2148
    3. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2030
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2447

See more discussions