Can you get Sky Go legit on Amazon fire tv stick?

Hey all,

Can anyone tell me if the sky Go app is available on Amazon so fire TV?

Thanks

12 Comments

You'll be able to download the .apk from google and install it onto the stick/box not sure how well It'll work! I tried with Virgin Tv Anywhere and didn't work at all

Toon_army

You'll be able to download the .apk from google and install it onto the … You'll be able to download the .apk from google and install it onto the stick/box not sure how well It'll work! I tried with Virgin Tv Anywhere and didn't work at all

It won't work, though you can sideload it. It still won't work though. Sky Go won't even work on a rooted phone, never mind a device that isn't authorised at all.

Original Poster

I phoned Amazon and according to them sky Go is a compatible app for there fire stick so let's see what happens

misterleoni

It won't work, though you can sideload it. It still won't work though. … It won't work, though you can sideload it. It still won't work though. Sky Go won't even work on a rooted phone, never mind a device that isn't authorised at all.

That's not true. I've used Sky Go on an Amazon Fire TV in the past. The only real problems are that the interface isn't ideal for a non touch device and it will suddenly stop working when they update the app, forcing you to side load the new version again. It's just a pain. I bought an old cheap PS3 slim to put Sky Go on instead.

You can't get Sky Go to work on any Fire stick/Fire TV box or Android TV box. Even if you use Xposed Installer and RootCloak. Sky won't allow this (your're effectively getting another Sky box for free), same goes with Now TV app.
http://i68.tinypic.com/2rpfyxk.jpg

Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 29th Dec 2016

RiverDragon8

You can't get Sky Go to work on any Fire stick/Fire TV box or Android TV … You can't get Sky Go to work on any Fire stick/Fire TV box or Android TV box. Even if you use Xposed Installer and RootCloak. Sky won't allow this (your're effectively getting another Sky box for free), same goes with Now TV app.

You're wrong there, I had it working on two Fire TV boxes until I decided to go for a more convenient solution. I had previously tried it on some cheap and nasty Android TV boxes where it failed, mostly giving the error you posted above.

No.

Simple

dave80

You're wrong there, I had it working on two Fire TV boxes until I decided … You're wrong there, I had it working on two Fire TV boxes until I decided to go for a more convenient solution. I had previously tried it on some cheap and nasty Android TV boxes where it failed, mostly giving the error you posted above.

Sky Go will work on Amazon Fire tablets and phones like it would work on any Android tablet and phone but not on any Android TV box like the fire stick and Fire TV box.

it used to work but sky altered the interface to stop it. it now only works in german.
Edited by: "jonnithomas" 29th Dec 2016

RiverDragon8

Sky Go will work on Amazon Fire tablets and phones like it would work on … Sky Go will work on Amazon Fire tablets and phones like it would work on any Android tablet and phone but not on any Android TV box like the fire stick and Fire TV box.

You must be telling me I imagined things then?

dave80

You must be telling me I imagined things then?

I'm saying if you tried now you wouldn't be able to, check the xda forum.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 30th Dec 2016

RiverDragon8

I'm saying if you tried now you wouldn't be able to, check the xda forum.

Oh I see. I hadn't realised things have changed so recently.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time till somebody finds a workaround though. They always do!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whats a Good VPN to use please?1821
    2. How easy is it to get a refund from Halfords?57
    3. Does anybody have a ( Uni days code) I can use for ( TomTom) please11
    4. Query on retail selling on beer22

See more discussions