Can you haggle in Currys?

Seen a fridge freezer exclusive to Curry's, asked inside today about discount and was told it's just that price(no discounts) anybody successfully haggled with them recently?
Thanks.

20 Comments

Sadly no - they used to be able to discount up to 20% depending on their competition and total value of sale but hey are really down to surviving in the high street due to internet really decimating their sales
They could however offer some discount on after sales such a filters, delivery and warranty etc?

kramvic

Seen a fridge freezer exclusive to Curry's, asked inside today … Seen a fridge freezer exclusive to Curry's, asked inside today about discount and was told it's just that price(no discounts) anybody successfully haggled with them recently?Thanks.

I think getting them to price match is the best tactic to getting money off.

Gets hard and harder though due to retailers 'exclusive' products, which can be exactly the same as a competitors but different model no.

if you can afford something else and in fact want something else you can offer to buy the other item but only if they give you a discount for buying 2 items.

I did some negotiating with them recently on a laptop.

The laptop was already reduced in the sale, but he offered my 1 month free KnowHow care plan thing (which I cancelled before I got charged for the recurring months), and if I took the free month I could have a laptop case bundle (with mouse, HDMI cable, etc) for a tenner instead of twenty quid,

andynicol

I think getting them to price match is the best tactic to getting money … I think getting them to price match is the best tactic to getting money off.Gets hard and harder though due to retailers 'exclusive' products, which can be exactly the same as a competitors but different model no.

​they have been doing exclusive models since at least the 80s for that reason.

Yes you can . . . . I once I bought a camera which was the last one in stock and they could not find the box and instructions etc and after a little discussion I got a good discount off the camera

tardytortoise

if you can afford something else and in fact want something else you can … if you can afford something else and in fact want something else you can offer to buy the other item but only if they give you a discount for buying 2 items.

Yes, I've used that technique successfully in the past, worth a try.

Original Poster

Thanks everybody for taking the time to reply. It is what we are looking for so will go for it anyway, but will try one last time for the cheeky discount or possible free old fridge removal(usually £20)

When I used to work there we could give a few months of the cover for free. If you ask for that they will minus the cost from the total. Set up the direct debit and just cancel it when you get home.

aircanman

When I used to work there we could give a few months of the cover for … When I used to work there we could give a few months of the cover for free. If you ask for that they will minus the cost from the total. Set up the direct debit and just cancel it when you get home.

Not any more.

If they don't give you anything, tell them where to stuff the freezer. I'm sure you could get a better deal elsewhere.

Original Poster

dereklogan7

Have you had a look at ao.com? … Have you had a look at ao.com? http://ao.com/l/fridge_freezers-free_standing/1-9/26-28/:)

Yeah looked here, Marks electrical, eBay etc. The one we are looking at is 700mm wide and slightly taller than standard. It has bottle rack up top and ice cube maker and twist dispenser. They have one very similar at Marks electrical under Beko's other brand but over £100 more. This is what we are looking at.

Thanks.
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

What brand is it?
Reason why I ask is if its not currys own brand, then there is a good chance it has been given its own model number to be called 'exclusive' by currys - when actually most of the time the exact same model sold elsewhere under a different model name/number.

Original Poster

Sandy1012

What brand is it?Reason why I ask is if its not currys own brand, then … What brand is it?Reason why I ask is if its not currys own brand, then there is a good chance it has been given its own model number to be called 'exclusive' by currys - when actually most of the time the exact same model sold elsewhere under a different model name/number.

It's the Beko one, link above.

Sandy1012

What brand is it?Reason why I ask is if its not currys own brand, then … What brand is it?Reason why I ask is if its not currys own brand, then there is a good chance it has been given its own model number to be called 'exclusive' by currys - when actually most of the time the exact same model sold elsewhere under a different model name/number.

See post #2

kramvic

Yeah looked here, Marks electrical, eBay etc. The one we are looking at … Yeah looked here, Marks electrical, eBay etc. The one we are looking at is 700mm wide and slightly taller than standard. It has bottle rack up top and ice cube maker and twist dispenser. They have one very similar at Marks electrical under Beko's other brand but over £100 more. This is what we are looking at. Thanks.http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/refrigeration/fridge-freezers/beko-cfl7914s-fridge-freezer-matte-silver-10132199-pdt.html

The ice cube twist thing seems pretty cool.

You do know the shelves and wine rack are moveable though right? They simply slide out.

Anyway, sometimes o2 priority moments have money off a Currys spend, they did when I bought my tv a couple years back, otherwise I think 1% cashback from topcashback/quidco? I wouldn't bother getting any extended warranty even if it's free for x months.

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll

The ice cube twist thing seems pretty cool.You do know the shelves and … The ice cube twist thing seems pretty cool.You do know the shelves and wine rack are moveable though right? They simply slide out.Anyway, sometimes o2 priority moments have money off a Currys spend, they did when I bought my tv a couple years back, otherwise I think 1% cashback from topcashback/quidco? I wouldn't bother getting any extended warranty even if it's free for x months.

Yeah cheers for that, may have to quidco or topcashback it.

Banned

I just hate the scamming curry's with passion, I do however go there and look at the items/try them out... and than I go online and buy them somewhere else even if they are the same price there...

kramvic

Yeah looked here, Marks electrical, eBay etc. The one we are looking at … Yeah looked here, Marks electrical, eBay etc. The one we are looking at is 700mm wide and slightly taller than standard. It has bottle rack up top and ice cube maker and twist dispenser. They have one very similar at Marks electrical under Beko's other brand but over £100 more. This is what we are looking at. Thanks.http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/refrigeration/fridge-freezers/beko-cfl7914s-fridge-freezer-matte-silver-10132199-pdt.html

Nice one, gets good reviews and this seems to be the best price so can see why they'll not discount. Just a shame it's Curry's.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway22
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28110
    3. Underrated/unappreciated movies.2841
    4. word association Game74044555

See more discussions