Groups

can you help me work this out?

hi all i went to pick my new dog up last night now he is looking very thin to me as i have a female of the same age and she is alot bigger than him now the vets had checked his weight and its 46kg what is this in pounds also if anyones got any tips on building him up can you please comment thanks so much.

14 Comments

It's 2.2 pounds to 1 kilo, does he have worms ?

It's 101 pounds.

Talk to the vet about a diet to build him up to get him the right stuff.

Original Poster

queenlush;6193209

It's 2.2 pounds to 1 kilo, does he have worms ?

he has been fleed and wormed so no i am just a little concerned i have just gone through all the paperwork that has come with him and it turns out the people i have bought him off have only had him 2 days i am very tempted to contact the breeder.

Original Poster

Syzable;6193214

It's 101 pounds. :)Talk to the vet about a diet to build him up to get … It's 101 pounds. :)Talk to the vet about a diet to build him up to get him the right stuff.

gosh he doesnt look it. definately needs building up when you pat his butt you can feel and the bones.

what kind of dog is it?

I would feed puppy food its higher in fat than adult food, and an extra meal a day till he catches up , also mine loved raw egg and milk. Did you worm and flea treat him ? cos its the only way to be sure.

shanecr;6193288

what kind of dog is it?

A chihuahua guessing from the weight:whistling::p:w00t:

Original Poster

shanecr;6193288

what kind of dog is it?

he is a 15 month old newfoundland.

Original Poster

debbiii;6193291

I would feed puppy food its higher in fat than adult food, and an extra … I would feed puppy food its higher in fat than adult food, and an extra meal a day till he catches up , also mine loved raw egg and milk. Did you worm and flea treat him ? cos its the only way to be sure.

yeah they reckon he has just been done i will have to register him at the vets and get him checked over.

greyparrot;6193341

http://s392.photobucket.com/albums/pp5/greyparrot_2008/?action=view¤t=Tmp000031.jpg heres a pic of him.

He looks a big softy and gorgeous (even if he does look slightly stoned too!)

Original Poster

harlzter;6193368

He looks a big softy and gorgeous (even if he does look slightly stoned … He looks a big softy and gorgeous (even if he does look slightly stoned too!)

lol i know he has very small eyes doesnt he, he is a big softy but who evers had him havent bothered to teach him to sit or anything he is house trained though which is a good thing at least.

Banned

He looks lovely, i love those dogs!
    He looks very labrador like in that photo.

They have great temperaments

Hamm;6193543

He looks lovely, i love those dogs!He looks very labrador like in that … He looks lovely, i love those dogs!He looks very labrador like in that photo.They have great temperaments

Same here, thought that he looks very similar to my lab... I know that labs are originally bred from newfoundlands, but still surprised
    He does sound a bit underweight at 46Kg.... my lab is only a little bit older than that at 22 months and when last weighed was a tad overweight at 43Kg (should be around 37Kg for his build).
    As someone else suggested, give him some raw egg mixed in with his biscuits to give him more protein and calories.... and not to get into bad habits, but get some of those biscuit bones from tesco or wherever and give him them as treats while you are training him to sit etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7271382
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814502
      3. Get an annual MOT reminder67
      4. Giffgaff New goodybags34

See more discussions