Can you help? XP Home Re-install

8 replies
Found 18th Aug 2009
I have an old HP laptop, I have the serial code for XP home edition it had installed on it but the HD is now blank.
I do not have the installation disc that it came with.
Is their any legal way to get a blank edition of XP that just requires the legit code to be inserted?

1. Misc
  2. Windows
8 Comments

It'd be legal enough just to download a copy off your favourite torrent site. It's not the software you've paid for but the license to use the software, so as long as your license is valid, it's all cool.

dxx;6048412

It'd be legal enough just to download a copy off your favourite torrent … It'd be legal enough just to download a copy off your favourite torrent site. It's not the software you've paid for but the license to use the software, so as long as your license is valid, it's all cool.

+1

Banned

dxx;6048412

It'd be legal enough just to download a copy off your favourite torrent … It'd be legal enough just to download a copy off your favourite torrent site. It's not the software you've paid for but the license to use the software, so as long as your license is valid, it's all cool.

yep and when you have to put the code in just put yours in

as long as it's the same version, i.e. make sure you download the home version not the professional etc.

Original Poster

dxx;6048412

Isn't this a quick way of getting a virus?

andycs;6048435

yep, much better option is to try and find someone who has a CD, maybe on Ebay or something

andycs;6048435

Depends on your souce. Most decent torrent sites have user comments and let users flag things as dodgy as and when. They tend to be reliable, in my entirely virus-free expeience.

Banned

dxx;6048622

Depends on your souce. Most decent torrent sites have user comments and … Depends on your souce. Most decent torrent sites have user comments and let users flag things as dodgy as and when. They tend to be reliable, in my entirely virus-free expeience.

+1

sort the search by number of peers.

They cant all be making the same mistake :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415442
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604813
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226645
    4. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4075

See more discussions