Groups

Can you install 2 or 3 windows 7 on one HDD

I have a HDD with win7 on, it has 40gb of unallocated space, so can I boot from the usb pen again and install windows 7 to the unallocated space, and then have a dual booting windows 7 with the two installations as options on the boot menu???

I assume yes?? Anyone tried?

30 Comments

Why? I Have 4 Versions Of Windows All Different But On Seperate Hard Drives
    Win 98 Se, Win Xp Pro,win Vista,win 7.

Yes you can, but why would you want to?

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6314637

Yes you can, but why would you want to?

I have a bit of a gambling scam going, but it installs software and does not allow multiple accounts..

Chiptivo;6314700

I have a bit of a gambling scam going, but it installs software and does … I have a bit of a gambling scam going, but it installs software and does not allow multiple accounts..

Use ]Virtual PC and a proxy server instead, much easier :thumbsup:

Many sites log your IP address as an anti fraud measure so you may not find any advantage in doing this

Original Poster

mechdroid;6314717

Many sites log your IP address as an anti fraud measure so you may not … Many sites log your IP address as an anti fraud measure so you may not find any advantage in doing this

I use a USB dongle ONLY on this seperate PC, and it retrieves a separate IP every time it logs ok... :thumbsup:

Before you start your scam that results in software being uninstalled, create a Restore Point using "Windows Restore" & then return to that point later (so that your Windows Registry reverts back to as it was prior to the software removal).

Alternatively, boot into a "disposal" Linux installation, such as "Knoppix". This does not install anything on your hard drive (it runs from CD-R, or DVD-R) & you are then free to browse & run applications (that you can optionally install to an external USB drive, & then unplug the drive before the software is removed). As soon as you shutdown, remove the "Knoppix" disc & re-boot you are back to MS-Windows again without any changes.

BFN,

fp.

Hmmm, no ones asked what the scam is...

TELL ALL!!!! lol

Banned

http://www.mofaha.com/b3ta/georgeeatingpopcorn.gif

the best way is to partition the hard drive and install the copies of w7 on each partition

Original Poster

faevilangel;6315151

the best way is to partition the hard drive and install the copies of w7 … the best way is to partition the hard drive and install the copies of w7 on each partition

Cheers for that, this will be the way to do it.

It is a little complicated, and the way I have been doing it at the moment is by ghosting the HDD, and using mulitple ghost partitions.

Because of the software and tracking methods they use, linux bootable CD is a no go, and restore does not work, it is not just the registry they store info, they also track with a few hidden files dotted around the HDD...

Anyways all sorted now...

p.s. It is not going to be discussed by me as if everyone started doing it I wouldn't be making money.. :thumbsup:

faevilangel;6315151

the best way is to partition the hard drive and install the copies of w7 … the best way is to partition the hard drive and install the copies of w7 on each partition

This is better than using a virtual machine why?

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6315251

This is better than using a virtual machine why?

I have just found the Virtual PC beta software for win7, will install and give a go.

I still think they may spread data around all HDD's, so even the partition method may not work...
    Unless I can disable partitions..

I'd go down the virtual machine route as well as it's very easy to keep it self contained, also easy to wipe and go back to a fresh copy while having the host OS running the whole time.

John

Chiptivo;6315275

I have just found the Virtual PC beta software for win7, will install and … I have just found the Virtual PC beta software for win7, will install and give a go.I still think they may spread data around all HDD's, so even the partition method may not work...Unless I can disable partitions..

How about using the MS-DOS SUBST command to associate an unused drive letter with a folder on your hard drive & install the software to a "disposable" drive? When it is uninstalled you can just reinstall to another drive letter mapped to the same folder.

Or, does the software insist on installing to C:\Program Files\ScamSoft\ (or similar)?

---
    Associates a path with a drive letter.

SUBST [drive1: [drive2:]path]
    SUBST drive1: /D

drive1: Specifies a virtual drive to which you want to assign a path.
    [drive2:]path Specifies a physical drive and path you want to assign to
    a virtual drive.
    /D Deletes a substituted (virtual) drive.

Type SUBST with no parameters to display a list of current virtual drives.
    ---

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

fanpages;6315338

How about using the MS-DOS SUBST command to associate an unused drive … How about using the MS-DOS SUBST command to associate an unused drive letter with a folder on your hard drive & install the software to a "disposable" drive? When it is uninstalled you can just reinstall to another drive letter mapped to the same folder.Or, does the software insist on installing to C:\Program Files\ScamSoft\ (or similar)?---Associates a path with a drive letter.SUBST [drive1: [drive2:]path]SUBST drive1: /D drive1: Specifies a virtual drive to which you want to assign a path. [drive2:]path Specifies a physical drive and path you want to assign to a virtual drive. /D Deletes a substituted (virtual) drive.Type SUBST with no parameters to display a list of current virtual drives.---BFN,fp.

Ok, I understand and get you. But I think it installs a couple of files in \windows and \windows\system32...

It knows you have setup multiple accounts when uninstalling and restoring back, thats why at the moment I use ghost images.

Banned

cant beleive you are all aiding and abetting a potential fraudster/criminal

when a guy says hes planning to commit fraud then asks for help to do it, what does that make you?

internet tattoo anyone?

Chiptivo;6315392

Ok, I understand and get you. But I think it installs a couple of files … Ok, I understand and get you. But I think it installs a couple of files in \windows and \windows\system32...It knows you have setup multiple accounts when uninstalling and restoring back, thats why at the moment I use ghost images.

Can you change the environment variable "windir" before you start so that your C:\Windows folder points to another place where you can monitor which files are created?

Maybe create a new User Account on your machine with this setting different to your main (Admin) User to see if it makes a difference to how the software runs.

Alternatively, check out the SysInternals.com site for details of monitoring software to track (and log for later review) Registry & Folder changes during the use of the software.

BFN,

fp.

casparwhite;6315418

cant beleive you are all aiding and abetting a potential … cant beleive you are all aiding and abetting a potential fraudster/criminalwhen a guy says hes planning to commit fraud then asks for help to do it, what does that make you?internet tattoo anyone?

I don't believe I've seen the word "fraud" in this thread until you mentioned it.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

casparwhite;6315418

cant beleive you are all aiding and abetting a potential … cant beleive you are all aiding and abetting a potential fraudster/criminalwhen a guy says hes planning to commit fraud then asks for help to do it, what does that make you?internet tattoo anyone?

It is not fraud, and not illegal. It is the terms of the site that does not allow multiple accounts. This does not make me a criminal nor am I performing a illegal action.

Although I am breaking the terms and conditions of the site in question, does not make me a criminal.

casparwhite;6315418

Is it better or worse than ]trading flash carts :whistling:

Banned

Chiptivo;6314700

I have a bit of a gambling scam going, but it installs software and does … I have a bit of a gambling scam going, but it installs software and does not allow multiple accounts..

fanpages;6315459

I don't believe I've seen the word "fraud" in this thread until you … I don't believe I've seen the word "fraud" in this thread until you mentioned it.BFN,fp.

Chiptivo;6315462

It is not fraud, and not illegal. It is the terms of the site that does … It is not fraud, and not illegal. It is the terms of the site that does not allow multiple accounts. This does not make me a criminal nor am I performing a illegal action. Although I am breaking the terms and conditions of the site in question, does not make me a criminal.

from what you are sayingi gather you are attempting to defraud a site into giving you something you should receive only as a first time customer

you doing what you are doing and attempting to con something/someone into something that you are not entitled to is fraud

casparwhite;6315492

from what you are sayingi gather you are attempting to defraud a site … from what you are sayingi gather you are attempting to defraud a site into giving you something you should receive only as a first time customeryou doing what you are doing and attempting to con something/someone into something that you are not entitled to is fraud

i assumed Chiptivo had multiple MS-Windows license keys to install the operating system twice but didn't want to spend the time doing so.

You're right... I didn't realise I was doing any of what you said.

If this is the case, then I will have to hand myself over to the authorities immediately.

Sorry, Chiptivo, if casparwhite doesn't report you, then I'll have to.

I'm out...

BFN,

fp.

Banned

Babbabooey;6315490

Is it better or worse than ]trading flash carts :whistling:

flash carts arent illegal for a start they can be used for various legal purposes, so i fail to see your comparison in the slightest (add smiley whistleing man here)

en.wikipedia.org/wik…aud

fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual. The specific legal definition varies by legal jurisdiction. Fraud is a crime, and is also a civil law violation. Many hoaxes are fraudulent, although those not made for personal gain are not technically frauds. Defrauding people of money is presumably the most common type of fraud

casparwhite;6315554

flash carts arent illegal for a start they can be used for various legal … flash carts arent illegal for a start they can be used for various legal purposes, so i fail to see your comparison in the slightest (add smiley whistleing man here)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraudfraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual. The specific legal definition varies by legal jurisdiction. Fraud is a crime, and is also a civil law violation. Many hoaxes are fraudulent, although those not made for personal gain are not technically frauds. Defrauding people of money is presumably the most common type of fraud

Lol, ok.
    And I suppose you use downloaded games to protect your originals too.:roll:

Banned

Babbabooey;6315568

Lol, ok.And I suppose you use downloaded games to protect your originals … Lol, ok.And I suppose you use downloaded games to protect your originals too.:roll:

since when have i downloaded games:roll:

keep your unfounded accusations to yourself:thumbsup:

Right. And I'm wrong in thinking you download tv and movies too eh.
    All of which I have no problem with, but don't play mr morality if you also participate.

Banned

Babbabooey;6315697

Right. And I'm wrong in thinking you download tv and movies too eh.All … Right. And I'm wrong in thinking you download tv and movies too eh.All of which I have no problem with, but don't play mr morality if you also participate.

you can think whatever you like mate......free world and all that:)

theres a difference between going out of your way to work out how to scam a gambling company for cash benefits and watching freely available tv episodes and movies on the internet

casparwhite;6315724

you can think whatever you like mate......free world and all that:)theres … you can think whatever you like mate......free world and all that:)theres a difference between going out of your way to work out how to scam a gambling company for cash benefits and watching freely available tv episodes and movies on the internet

Haha, that makes for a good defence in court, I don't think.
    He is scamming the gambling sites, you and I are scamming the tv/movie companies.

Banned

Babbabooey;6315774

Haha, that makes for a good defence in court, I don't think.He is … Haha, that makes for a good defence in court, I don't think.He is scamming the gambling sites, you and I are scamming the tv/movie companies.

i am scamming noone its the people who make it available that are the culprits

but like i say asking for help to do something illegal is a tad different to just clicking on a link by accident:whistling:

btw for the record i am scammin nobody;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News78
      2. word association Game74044585
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767526
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691434

See more discussions