Groups
    EXPIRED

Can you interchange HDD's with PS4?

I realise you can upgrade/replace. However, could I buy another one, and swap between that and the current one, seeing as I have downloaded digital copies of games on the current one, and I may run out of space soon?

7 Comments

If you remove the hard drive it has to format before it will pick up again. so no dice de download I'm afraid.

no but you can get a bigger drive and redownload them games,to your new drive

I dunno, but check out some software like clone disk or partition magic.

This is something I plan to do in the new Year, so would be interested if knowing how you got on. Would like to drop a 2tb drive in if possible.

You can't clone the drive they are encrypted. You will need to just re-download everything.

To re-use the removed drive you will need to re-format it.

Original Poster

CyDoNiA

You can't clone the drive they are encrypted. You will need to just … You can't clone the drive they are encrypted. You will need to just re-download everything.To re-use the removed drive you will need to re-format it.

What a shame, I should have bought a larger HDD to begin with. The problem is that I have many digital games, and apparently you cannot re-download a digital game on your primary ps4 for some reason? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anything you purchase digitally should be re-downloadable as long as the PS4 is registered to you and activated. (Note: You can only have 2 activated PS4's per account).

Should be no reason why they won't re-download.

Original Poster

CyDoNiA

Anything you purchase digitally should be re-downloadable as long as the … Anything you purchase digitally should be re-downloadable as long as the PS4 is registered to you and activated. (Note: You can only have 2 activated PS4's per account).Should be no reason why they won't re-download.

I appreciate the information
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Most cushioned running trainers?33
      2. Quality "Pro" Android Apps - List your Favourites and Share with the Commun…22
      3. Why do my deal votes go up or down by 2° on each vote?44
      4. Cordial....11

See more discussions