Expired

Can you join the AA or RAC from the roadside if you breakdown?

Found 11th Mar 2014
I recall it was possible in the past but is it still possible? If you break down at 2 in the morning I wonder if they can still process a new contract! Also, if you can't start the car outside the house wonder if they allow you to join then.
Community Updates
9 Comments
No & no.

lol - if you could, why would anyone take out cover? oO
Edited by: "chocci" 11th Mar 2014
I believe that you still can-however, it is very expensive. A cheaper option would be to sign up online and wait a couple of hours before you contact them...
AA terms and conditions for policies after October 2013 says cover starts 14 days after policy taken out.

But that isn't what it says on their website:

Once I purchase AA Breakdown Cover online, when will my Membership be activated?

Your breakdown cover begins as soon as your online application has been processed. We will send you email confirmation straight away and post your new Member pack and Membership card(s) within 28 days.

Please note: Home Start, Relay and Stay Mobile benefits start 24 hours after your Membership commences.
Edited by: "Butterbean" 11th Mar 2014
Thanks for the answers.
A mate joined and straight away called out the AA a few years ago. At the time it was about £45 or so normally but he got charged £185.
Someone else I know had to pay through the nose to upgrade membership after their car broke down and their membership didn't entitle them to the service they needed.
If you're going to sign up, bear that in mind if considering a basic service and hoping to bump it up if circumstances require.
Yes you can however you get charged extra for the membership.
DennisG

Someone else I know had to pay through the nose to upgrade membership … Someone else I know had to pay through the nose to upgrade membership after their car broke down and their membership didn't entitle them to the service they needed.If you're going to sign up, bear that in mind if considering a basic service and hoping to bump it up if circumstances require.

The same happened to my mother she broke down and rang the AA not having the cover required the upgrade and admin fee was eye watering !
u can as : )
its £80 on top of the normal membership fee to use straight away
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants