Can you list your car for sale on hot deals?

22 replies
Found 20th Apr 2011
Question is the title!

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
22 Comments

Yes.

of course, but not elsewhere

Original Poster

sancho1983

of course, but not elsewhere

What?

ski_haggis

What?

HUKD rules state that you cannot list wanted or FS/FT threads elsewhere while Live here, so no autotrader,ebay etc. As we will just lock the thread and ask you to list in 7 days time.

i think he means if you list it on here you cant advertise it anywhere else until the listing is finished but i could be wrong.

Banned

As long as it's below rrp. Maybe knock 10% off as it's second hand

There's never been anyone that has only ever listed a car for sale here and nowhere else.

HUKD fs/ft rules are rubbish

Adam2050

HUKD rules state that you cannot list wanted or FS/FT threads elsewhere … HUKD rules state that you cannot list wanted or FS/FT threads elsewhere while Live here, so no autotrader,ebay etc. As we will just lock the thread and ask you to list in 7 days time.

Thanks, that's what I meant

bazzaric

There's never been anyone that has only ever listed a car for sale here … There's never been anyone that has only ever listed a car for sale here and nowhere else.

I prove you wrong

Clicky!

birdyboyuk

I prove you wrong :pClicky!

I presume it's now sold? Because you never asked for the listing to be closed so i'm guessing it was for sale elsewhere...

Yeah I got banned for listing here & Autotrader which is a complete Joke!!!

dungab123

Yeah I got banned for listing here & Autotrader which is a complete … Yeah I got banned for listing here & Autotrader which is a complete Joke!!!

I would have banned you for even buying that Peugeot in the first place.

bazzaric

I presume it's now sold? Because you never asked for the listing to be … I presume it's now sold? Because you never asked for the listing to be closed so i'm guessing it was for sale elsewhere...

Nope. Never get sold or relisted.
My Dad still has it...

dungab123

Yeah I got banned for listing here & Autotrader which is a complete … Yeah I got banned for listing here & Autotrader which is a complete Joke!!!

dungab123

This includes ‘Wanted’ threads. This is aimed to ensure that all neg … This includes ‘Wanted’ threads. This is aimed to ensure that all negotiations are contained within the thread and no reference/bargaining to offers made elsewhere. Members do not always have access to other forums and are unable to verify such statements.

Don't get me started on Pugs, mines being replaced soon as it's about as big and as clever as it is a great car.

In regards to the rules, they are there to make sure all negotiations take place here and no one starts a bidding war etc (Which can happen). If people do not follow the rules you cannot simply state there a joke no one is asking you or anyone to list here and they are plainly labelled out, though to be honest I see no reason as to why someone would want to list one here.

The rule is plain to see.

You cannot list items if you have a live listing for the same item or item type elsewhere.

We cannot search every thread for people listing in other places if they are brought to our attention then it's usually due to people doing this.

bazzaric

I would have banned you for even buying that Peugeot in the first place.

Was actually my brothers car, I would never have bought it but someone would of/has

dungab123

dungab123

This includes ‘Wanted’ threads. This is aimed to ensure that all neg … This includes ‘Wanted’ threads. This is aimed to ensure that all negotiations are contained within the thread and no reference/bargaining to offers made elsewhere. Members do not always have access to other forums and are unable to verify such statements.

Why cant you see why someone would want to list here?

dungab123

Why cant you see why someone would want to list here?

Just my opinion as the listings are not built for this sort of sale. Where as eBay/Auto-trader are just better suited.

I cant see the difference between selling a car on here or ebay, just my opinion tho, as ebay charge you £8 to just advertise the care, so I thought people would prefer it on here as there is no cost.

dungab123

I cant see the difference between selling a car on here or ebay, just my … I cant see the difference between selling a car on here or ebay, just my opinion tho, as ebay charge you £8 to just advertise the care, so I thought people would prefer it on here as there is no cost.

Yeah, but people don't tend to come on here looking to spend a couple of grand or so on a car so it's unlikely you're going to sell it.

haydnmcfc

Yeah, but people don't tend to come on here looking to spend a couple of … Yeah, but people don't tend to come on here looking to spend a couple of grand or so on a car so it's unlikely you're going to sell it.

Why arent they, people post deals about cars so what is the difference. You might not come on here specifically looking for a car but you might thinking about getting one and if you see one you like then why wouldnt you buy one? Not all cars cost a couple of grand either
Edited by: "dungab123" 20th Apr 2011

dungab123

Why arent they, people post deals about cars so what is the difference. … Why arent they, people post deals about cars so what is the difference. You might not come on here specifically looking for a car but you might thinking about getting one and if you see one you like then why wouldnt you buy one? Not all cars cost a couple of grand either

I'm not saying it's impossible to sell one on here, it's just very unlikely you're going to sell it. Also, it means you can't list it anywhere else so you have even less chance of selling it because it's only on here. You probably should go elsewhere.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Buying Christmas tree after Christmas33
    2. Best place to buy a domain33
    3. Best watches under £500?66
    4. What shoes are these?44

See more discussions