Can you lot recommend me some films to watch, please?

Found 30th Dec 2009
Run out of ideas!

Recently watched:
Gran Torino (favourite)
Saw 6
The Orphan
Paranormal Activity
District 9
Drag me to hell
Moon

Have watched lots of movies so am a bit stuck, please can youse tell me some?

Thank yous x

39 Comments

Law abiding citizen

The new Terminator
Transformers 2
G.I Joe
How to loose friends and alienate people
Ghost Town
Up by Disney Pixar
The Proposal
Taken
thats all that I can remember top of my head.

harry brown

Original Poster

pootle1966;7377099

Thanks but that doesn't look like my kind of movie

Napoleon Dynamite
The Invention of Lying

Paranormal Activity scared the cr*p out of me! :-S

2012 is good

There was a thread like this last week and I suggested Grandmas Boy (hilarious) ,youtube.com/wat…hbs and also Life of David Gale........story about death row starring Kate Winslet and Kevin Spacey and OMG the twists are unbelievable....youtube.com/wat…k3I

both are £3.97 each delivered from tesco entertainment

I'll definitly recommend "The Proposal" too!! :-)
If your into your horrors, I found the "haunting in connecticut" a good film, :thumbsup:

"let the right one in"

i love you man
and avatar in 3d is essential

Original Poster

spikeyjacko;7377132

Law abiding citizen

Really want to see that, am looking for DVD's right now though

sarbjeet_;7377135

The new TerminatorTransformers 2G.I JoeHow to loose friends and alienate … The new TerminatorTransformers 2G.I JoeHow to loose friends and alienate peopleGhost TownUp by Disney PixarThe ProposalTakenthats all that I can remember top of my head.

Some good ones there, thank you

deek72;7377137

harry brown

Ooh yeah, wanted to see that

nickw90;7377145

Napoleon DynamiteThe Invention of Lying

Will check these, thank you

Trogglescow;7377163

Paranormal Activity scared the cr*p out of me!

Me too, I thought it was wicked! :-D

livingthelife07;7377173

2012 is good

Will watch this for the effects when it comes out on DVD

Original Poster

bossyboots;7377184

There was a thread like this last week and I suggested Grandmas Boy … There was a thread like this last week and I suggested Grandmas Boy (hilarious) ,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsEuOw3ihbs and also Life of David Gale........story about death row starring Kate Winslet and Kevin Spacey and OMG the twists are unbelievable....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt7Jmjwjk3Iboth are £3.97 each delivered from tesco entertainment

I watched 'Life of David Gale' years ago, I agree it's an amazing film, will have to watch it again one day. Will check out the other one - thanks

dotty4polkadots;7377217

I'll definitly recommend "The Proposal" too!! :-)If your into your … I'll definitly recommend "The Proposal" too!! :-)If your into your horrors, I found the "haunting in connecticut" a good film, :thumbsup:

I have 'The Proposal here but don't think OH will appreciate it so am looking for some we can watch together!
I have watched 'Haunting in Connecticut', we quite liked it

Ipswich772;7377231

Want to watch Sherlock Holmes when it comes out on DVD, Avatar doesn't appeal to me at all

scrumpypaul;7377255

"let the right one in"

I have this, too but OH isn't in to vampire movies so am looking for some to watch together

shaneomac;7377274

i love you manand avatar in 3d is essential

I love you man looked a bit overly silly for me, can you sell the film to me to make me wanna watch it? :-D
As I said, Avatar doesn't appeal to me. thanks though

Zombieland :-D

what about Avatar 3d?:-D

i love you man has paul rudd and jason segel....both are awesome in this.its laugh out loud funny on the scale of "the hangover" althought not as relentless.
also would HIGHLY recommend grandmas boy

Original Poster

dancrawley;7377408

Zombieland :-D

I was going to stay faithful to 'Shaun of the dead' as my fave comedy zombie movie but the reviews look good so will give it a go :-D

deek72;7377418

what about Avatar 3d?:-D

Yeah cool thanks - didn't think of that!

Original Poster

shaneomac;7377482

i love you man has paul rudd and jason segel....both are awesome in … i love you man has paul rudd and jason segel....both are awesome in this.its laugh out loud funny on the scale of "the hangover" althought not as relentless.also would HIGHLY recommend grandmas boy

I will put these two on my 'to watch some time in the future list', thank you :-D

the proposal and the hangover are 2 good comedys

the orphange (not orphan cos you've seen that, hehe!) is really good

p.s what's moon like? been meaning to see it

Original Poster

missp27;7377782

the orphange (not orphan cos you've seen that, hehe!) is really good … the orphange (not orphan cos you've seen that, hehe!) is really good :)p.s what's moon like? been meaning to see it

Is Orphanage Spanish? If so, can't be agged :oops:

Moon - Just not for me, too many "Duh! Why didn't he just ...?" LOL!

Mrs.Z;7377860

Is Orphanage Spanish? If so, can't be agged :oops:Moon - Just not for me, … Is Orphanage Spanish? If so, can't be agged :oops:Moon - Just not for me, too many "Duh! Why didn't he just ...?" LOL!

yup it is in spanish but to be honest there isn't too much talking in it and i didn't notice the subtitles after a while, it's a really great creepy film

debbie does dallas

inglourious basterds and star trek if you havent seen them too

Original Poster

missp27;7377882

yup it is in spanish but to be honest there isn't too much talking in it … yup it is in spanish but to be honest there isn't too much talking in it and i didn't notice the subtitles after a while, it's a really great creepy film

I know OH won't want to watch it, though I may check it out myself if I ever feel brave enough :giggle:

apduk;7377969

debbie does dallas

How old are you? Like 5 or something?

micoo;7377998

inglourious basterds and star trek if you havent seen them too

I have Inglorious Basterds here to watch myself as OH wasn't keen on the storyline.
Star Trek didn't appeal to me, though it does have Sylar in it ...:thinking: :giggle:

An.Education.DVDSCR.xViD-xSCR
Good film for girls and boys and should raise a good debate is what I recommend most.

The.Invention.of.Lying.2009.MERRY.XMAS.BDRip.XviD-iMBT
Meh average gervais film, not bad though.

Invictus.DVDSCR.xViD-xSCR
Clint Eastwood epic on South Africa

Surrogates.DVDRip.XviD-iMBT
OK, but not great scifi with Bruce Willis.

Best two films I've seen this year have to be
Inglourious.Basterds.DVDRip.XviD-iMBT
+
Harry.Brown.DVDSCR.XviD-NEPTUNE

Fish.Tank.2009.LiMiTED.DVDSCR.READNFO.XViD-HLS
Has been recommended to be too but I haven't seen it yet.

Star.Trek.DVDRip.XviD-iMBT
Is good too.

Banned

schizoboy;7378605

An.Education.DVDSCR.xViD-xSCRGood film for girls and boys and should … An.Education.DVDSCR.xViD-xSCRGood film for girls and boys and should raise a good debate is what I recommend most.The.Invention.of.Lying.2009.MERRY.XMAS.BDRip.XviD-iMBTMeh average gervais film, not bad though.Invictus.DVDSCR.xViD-xSCRClint Eastwood epic on South AfricaSurrogates.DVDRip.XviD-iMBTOK, but not great scifi with Bruce Willis.Best two films I've seen this year have to beInglourious.Basterds.DVDRip.XviD-iMBT+Harry.Brown.DVDSCR.XviD-NEPTUNEFish.Tank.2009.LiMiTED.DVDSCR.READNFO.XViD-HLSHas been recommended to be too but I haven't seen it yet.Star.Trek.DVDRip.XviD-iMBTIs good too.

agree with all except Fish Tank. Its really really slow & depressing with terrible acting and no plot whatsoever. It makes Somers Town look like a work of genius.

whats with all this....Fish.Tank.2009.LiMiTED.DVDSCR.READNFO.XViD-HLS
just fish tank would be sufficent wouldnt it???????too much bt junkie and pirate bay me thinks.....good films listed thou.....keep smiling and be happy everyone......check out the new movies for the cinema in 2010 looks awesome.......google is everyones friend thank god for the internet......lol

micoo;7377517

the proposal and the hangover are 2 good comedys

:whistling:good films i agree

hangover - really funny
inglorious basterds
i love you man -really funny
the proposal

Phelam 123 :thumbsup:

Disco;7379305

superb film this totally agree:p

123tylerjames;7379267

whats with all this....Fish.Tank.2009.LiMiTED.DVDSCR.READNFO.XViD-HLSjust … whats with all this....Fish.Tank.2009.LiMiTED.DVDSCR.READNFO.XViD-HLSjust fish tank would be sufficent wouldnt it???????too much bt junkie and pirate bay me thinks.....good films listed thou.....keep smiling and be happy everyone......check out the new movies for the cinema in 2010 looks awesome.......google is everyones friend thank god for the internet......lol

I was just quoting from my films list, sorry, albeit that provides a release name that you can search for... :oops:

bad santa is good think it was on tv over xmas though

Banned

schizoboy;7380340

I was just quoting from my films list, sorry, albeit that provides a … I was just quoting from my films list, sorry, albeit that provides a release name that you can search for... :oops:

keep it up - certainly helped me :thumbsup:

schizoboy;7380340

I was just quoting from my films list, sorry, albeit that provides a … I was just quoting from my films list, sorry, albeit that provides a release name that you can search for... :oops:

thats cool i did look

Banned

Disco;7379305

I think you mean Pelham. Original is much better imo

imdb.com/tit…51/
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. fifa44
    2. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1225
    3. Without saying how old you are, Name one thing from your childhood someone …6099
    4. CCTV to be introduced in all slaughterhouses in England in 20182280

See more discussions