Can you move apps to SD on honor 9 lite?

Posted 16th Nov 2018
my son has a p8 lite , it doesn't seem that we are able to move apps from internal to SD

looking to buy a honor 9 lite, would I have the same problem9
can you move apps or...from internal to SD on a honor 9 lite?

thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
I thought you could only move apps to sd card if the developer of the app enabled that. Sd card memory is not the same as phone memory in speed and reliability. If you don't have enough internal memory on your phone look to buy one that dose. The sooner sd cards slots are not put in phones the better. Been nothing but a pain in the xxx.
Edited by: "wayners" 17th Nov 2018
On my P8 Lite 2017, I used the hack to enable adoptable storage forum.xda-developers.com/and…850

NB. Adoptable dedicates the SD card, cannot use it for transfer - also can mess up space reporting by default, but file managers usually read correctly
Edited by: "matth9999" 18th Nov 2018
I think you will have the same problem as your son because I recently bought an Honor 9 Lite and none of the apps I was previously able to move to SD on my old Moto G 2nd gen mobile were movable to SD on the Honor 9 Lite. I use AppMgr III to uninstall and move apps but any automatic move attempt always fails on the Honor. I also can't manually move them because there is no change button showing in the storage tab of the apps to allow me to do it, even though the button is there in the same apps installed on the Moto G. The only difference between the microSD card in my Honor 9 Lite and the one in the Moto G is that the card in the Honor is not formatted as adoptable storage, whereas it is in the Moto.

So it looks like Huawei's EMUI 8.0 version of Android Oreo doesn't allow app transfer to SD but I can live with it because the Honor 9 Lite is still a really decent value for money smartphone with more than enough internal storage for all my apps, while photos, videos and music files can still go on the microSD card ok. If you buy an Honor 9 Lite, just remember to change the default storage location to SD card in settings.
Edited by: "Robbo11" 31st Dec 2018
I have a 9 lite with about 100 apps on it and loads of space left. How many apps does he use?
wayners17/11/2018 18:33

I thought you could only move apps to sd card if the developer of the app …I thought you could only move apps to sd card if the developer of the app enabled that. Sd card memory is not the same as phone memory in speed and reliability. If you don't have enough internal memory on your phone look to buy one that dose. The sooner sd cards slots are not put in phones the better. Been nothing but a pain in the xxx.

I wouldn't buy a phone without expandable memory. Got a 64gb card in mine with all my music and photos on. A phone with that extra internal memory would cost a lot more than the £10 I paid for the card.
chocci30/12/2018 09:32

I wouldn't buy a phone without expandable memory. Got a 64gb card in …I wouldn't buy a phone without expandable memory. Got a 64gb card in mine with all my music and photos on. A phone with that extra internal memory would cost a lot more than the £10 I paid for the card.

Cards don't last and can corrupt. I've had a few play up. What with streaming services and plenty of data on many contracts and the ability to pin albums from your collection for offline access, sd cards aren't really needed. You can get over 8.000 mp3 tracks on a 64gig sd card apparently. Who needs that? I just pin 50 ish albums for offline and swap about and if I decide I need something else I stream.I loaded my entirely cd collection on Google music which is free. I do have a 4 gig sd card though in my phone. Sd cards are so cheap now though but those that have no backup of the card data get caught.. Hay ho. Whatever works for you I guess.
Edited by: "wayners" 30th Dec 2018
wayners30/12/2018 09:54

Cards don't last and can corrupt. I've had a few play up. What with …Cards don't last and can corrupt. I've had a few play up. What with streaming services and plenty of data on many contracts and the ability to pin albums from your collection for offline access, sd cards aren't really needed. You can get over 8.000 mp3 tracks on a 64gig sd card apparently. Who needs that? I just pin 50 ish albums for offline and swap about and if I decide I need something else I stream.I loaded my entirely cd collection on Google music which is free. I do have a 4 gig sd card though in my phone. Sd cards are so cheap now though but those that have no backup of the card data get caught.. Hay ho. Whatever works for you I guess.

Might not be needed for you but most people still use them. Throwing money down the drain to pay for streaming services and large data contracts when I can fit everything I want on an sdcard. I pay £5 every 3 months on my payg contract

Never had a card fail either but no great expense if one ever does.
chocci30/12/2018 10:33

Might not be needed for you but most people still use them. Throwing money …Might not be needed for you but most people still use them. Throwing money down the drain to pay for streaming services and large data contracts when I can fit everything I want on an sdcard. I pay £5 every 3 months on my payg contract Never had a card fail either but no great expense if one ever does.

I totally agree! Unfortunately, Huawei no longer supports the transfer of Apps to SD cards.. Methinks Huawei shot themselves in the foot with that..
Splodger10140 m ago

I totally agree! Unfortunately, Huawei no longer supports the transfer of …I totally agree! Unfortunately, Huawei no longer supports the transfer of Apps to SD cards.. Methinks Huawei shot themselves in the foot with that..

Yeah, an odd decision
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants