Groups

Can you paint Nylon?

Just needed a bit of advice...

i was going to buy a fancy dress inflatible fat suit and try to turn it into a staypuft marchmellow man for halloween. It would need painting white... but i noticed it's nylon. Can nylon be painted? I heard paints don't stick to nylon.

Thanks!

7 Comments

It may well stick but flake off whilst you wear it

Mix some PVA Glue with the paint and also before you do paint it give the areas a coat of water and PVA mixed to a consistancy of milk that will provide a base for the paint to stick to
    I hope this works:thumbsup:

Nylon and 100% polyester fabrics are also dye- and paint-resistant; their color has to be manufactured into the fibers themselves. I found this on....fabricspraypaint.com/def…ofa

I'm sure you can get fabric spray?

Original Poster

mikebike;6372995

Mix some PVA Glue with the paint and also before you do paint it give the … Mix some PVA Glue with the paint and also before you do paint it give the areas a coat of water and PVA mixed to a consistancy of milk that will provide a base for the paint to stick to I hope this works:thumbsup:Nylon and 100% polyester fabrics are also dye- and paint-resistant; their color has to be manufactured into the fibers themselves. I found this on....http://www.fabricspraypaint.com/default.asp?MenuItem=howtopaintasofa

i read that too about the fabric paints.

thanks for the PVA tip, might give that a go.

Hi did u try the pva and paint idea??? How did it go? I'm looking to paint a small kids bouncy castle , it's red and yellow but I want it light blue any ideas ? It's a nylon pvc fabric

Banned

hey T3TRACK3, It seems that this forum is from a few years back... I was wondering if you'd had any luck with your painting project?
    I've got a tent that I'd like to paint... hope your project was a success, hope to hear from you... or anyone with some insite
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671408
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7111343
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047109
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1828

See more discussions