Expired

Can you play American Games on UK PS3

8 replies
Found 10th Sep 2009
I am thinking of getting a few american PS3 games. Can you play them on a UK PS3?

7 Comments

You could have googled this easily.

Games are region free..

Blu-ray movies are not region free..

t0mm;6261517

You could have googled this easily.Games are region free..Blu-ray movies … You could have googled this easily.Games are region free..Blu-ray movies are not region free..

+1

no no no sorry iv tryed

linda turnock;6261775

no no no sorry iv tryed

You can play ANY game from ANYwhere on ANY PS3.

Blu Ray Films are region locked..

Not sure if it's exactly as above said... MOST games should be region free and able to play anywhere in the world, but do remember hearing/reading about a game that wasn't region free, can't remember what it was though.
That said, I bought a few cheap-ish games here in the UK and sent them to my bro that lives in Oz, stuff like rainbow 6 vegas etc... because they still wanted around AU$80+ for them over there, whereas they were only around £5-£15 each over here. Bro was well pleased

t0mm;6261790

You can play ANY game from ANYwhere on ANY PS3.Blu Ray Films are region … You can play ANY game from ANYwhere on ANY PS3.Blu Ray Films are region locked..

well that's nice to know - i dodn't even check - we've got a 360 and know the game are all region locked so when we got a ps3 we presumed the same - wooooohoooo!! thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

babybutton;6262679

well that's nice to know - i dodn't even check - we've got a 360 and know … well that's nice to know - i dodn't even check - we've got a 360 and know the game are all region locked so when we got a ps3 we presumed the same - wooooohoooo!! thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

360 games are not all region locked, it's up to the publisher - some are region locked, some aren't.

While there is no region locking for PS3 games, downloadable content is region locked - if you buy a US version of Rock Band you can't buy content for it from the UK store.

John

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3280
  2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1951381
  3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769376
  4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 191 ***1327

See more discussions