Groups

Can you please advise where to buy (a mattress made from) polyurethane foam?

It's great material. Firm and as it's compressed, it doesn't sag over the time (well, after many years). My parents had mattresses made from polyurethane foam and they lasted nearly 10 years. It's thousands of small pieces compressed into a big block.

It's used as a core for this mattress:
    jysk.sk/spa…one

6 Comments

Ikea do quite a range, including pure foam ones or a half foam/half spring

Original Poster

IKEA offers normal foam only, not compressed one. Thanks for the input anyway

Original Poster

Hello. I've been advised, that it's called RE foam, which is stand for "recycled foam". Thank everyone for their input.

stvoritel

Hello. I've been advised, that it's called RE foam, which is stand for … Hello. I've been advised, that it's called RE foam, which is stand for "recycled foam". Thank everyone for their input.

Just about every foam is made from polyurethane (latex being the main exception) and there's a huge variety in feel and durability.

From memory foam with very little bounce, to cheap stuff that'll wear after out in a year to higher quality grade like Vita's reflex foam.

It's difficult to find information about foam quality in UK stores. You may just be best off buying an expensive one (e.g. Mammoth Performance 15) and hoping for the best.

somewere like this anyfoam.co.uk
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Spotify Family Premium share715
      2. word association Game73944490
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929

See more discussions