Expired

Can you post things in a UPS envelope, via Royal Mail?

Found 5th Aug 2013
Selling off a load of old magazines, and have had someone who wishes to buy a group at a time... tried to fit them into a plain, blank envelope but didnt fit, however found some old UPS envelopes which they all fit in fine.

Can I package them up in this, put the address in, and send this via Royal Mail? Or wouldnt they accept it?

Thanks

10 Comments

should take them ok as long as the address is clear, but i would blank out any barcodes & ups addresses/post marks to be on the safe side

If it's a bag then turn it outside out and use it. If an envelope then cover up writing and barcodes and use it anyway.

....inside out*

Original Poster

Sadly its an 'express' envelope. One side is emblazoned with the UPS logo and stuff, and the other with writing and room to sellotape an address label etc.

Have covered up the writing on the 'address' side, but on the other side, I dont think theres much I can do to cover it all up

Hendo9

Sadly its an 'express' envelope. One side is emblazoned with the UPS logo … Sadly its an 'express' envelope. One side is emblazoned with the UPS logo and stuff, and the other with writing and room to sellotape an address label etc.Have covered up the writing on the 'address' side, but on the other side, I dont think theres much I can do to cover it all up

Wouldn't have thought this would be an issue as long as the address is visible and postage sufficient.

As nhoops said why don't you just turn the bag inside out.
This should sort out your problem.

Original Poster

imiy

As nhoops said why don't you just turn the bag inside out.This should … As nhoops said why don't you just turn the bag inside out.This should sort out your problem.

Its an envelope that doesn't turn inside out.

I'll just take it to the post office and hope they'll let me do it. Cant see why not really

If no good, I always use the strong garden waste sacks to post things in. Just fold all the spare plastic in around the sides and tape it up. Cheap mail bags!

They should take it. They wouldn't refuse to take for example a Tesco or Asda branded envelope

Original Poster

They took it fine, just slapped the necessary Royal Mail stuff on it.

Thanks for the help guys
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions