Groups
    EXPIRED

Can you recommend a DVD HD Player?

Can anyone recommend a good region free DVD player which upscales to HD?

Many thanks. :-D

10 Comments

You're going to have to give us a bit more info ste.

Price range?
    5.1 Surround?
    HDMI Connectivity?
    DivX Capability?
    etc

CJ

Original Poster

Sorry.
    HDMI is needed and DivX would be a bonus. 5.1 isn't important and I've got a price range up to £150. I'm looking for region free or one that's easy enough to make regione free.

Many thanks for any help.:roll:

Original Poster

Many thanks for the quick reply Jake. :thumbsup:

stebrookfield

Many thanks for the quick reply Jake. :thumbsup:

You're welcome.

Just found the Yamada model even cheaper at ]eBuyer. It's way cheaper than anywhere else, so I'm going to post it in the ]main forum.

CJ

Looking for the same myself, I don't think the Yamada upscales though, have decided to get the Sony model myself as I am just getting a sony lcd to accompany it.

Shame the sony does not come with a hdmi cable though :-(

darknoiz

Looking for the same myself, I don't think the Yamada upscales though, … Looking for the same myself, I don't think the Yamada upscales though, have decided to get the Sony model myself as I am just getting a sony lcd to accompany it.Shame the sony does not come with a hdmi cable though :-(

You're lucky it doesn't come with one!! the ones provided are the cheapest you can get. it is much better to spend a bit more on your cables as they will improve picture/sound quality. QED make some great cables.:thumbsup:

darknoiz

Looking for the same myself, I don't think the Yamada upscales though, … Looking for the same myself, I don't think the Yamada upscales though, have decided to get the Sony model myself as I am just getting a sony lcd to accompany it.Shame the sony does not come with a hdmi cable though :-(

Be warned that a lot of people have had problems playing DivX on the Sony!

Three highly recommended models, by AV Forums (the experts) are the Samsung 850/860, the Pioneer DV696 and the Philips DVP5900.

CJ

cutthroat_jake

The two highly recommended models, by AV Forums (the experts) are the … The two highly recommended models, by AV Forums (the experts) are the Samsung 850/860, the Pioneer DV696 and the Philips DVP5900.CJ

Is that not three?? LOL
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten79
      2. Get an annual MOT reminder714
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185

See more discussions