Groups

Can you recommend me a good Kodi box. Android 6.0 2GB

As title
    I have been running a Raspberry Pi B for a while and thinking of upgrading to an Android Kodi box.
    (I've also got it on Windows 10 and Firestick, but might be moving them to other tv's).

Something stable, speedy, good for streaming.
    If the build isn't the best, happy to put my own builds on it

Thanks

8 Comments

Plenty of other threads asking similar.
    http://i65.tinypic.com/9iaj35.png
    Edited by: "GNKelly07" 10th Nov 2016

Try getting one with the s912 chipset, its the best one out its not much faster than the previous but always good to have the best out

Original Poster

Quite tempted by this
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…70/

S905X, Android 6.0 OS and 2GB DDR3 RAM + 16GB EMMC ROM
    £39.99
    With Amazon next day.
    £11 more than gearbest but good reviews on Amazon (checked all of the other sellers)

Edited by: "stuartw" 10th Nov 2016

Seriously, don't bother with the generic boxes. Either go for the Amazon firebox or the nvidea shield.

Don't install builds. Just have a select few stuff.

stuartw

Quite tempted by … Quite tempted by thishttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KO7PG70/S905X, Android 6.0 OS and 2GB DDR3 RAM + 16GB EMMC ROM£39.99With Amazon next day.£11 more than gearbest but good reviews on Amazon (checked all of the other sellers)

That is very good, although I have the 3gb version.

Toon_army

Try getting one with the s912 chipset, its the best one out its not much … Try getting one with the s912 chipset, its the best one out its not much faster than the previous but always good to have the best out

Or not...

Kodi Forum

"Buggiest Android Kodi Box award of the quarter goes to: - Any AMLogic … "Buggiest Android Kodi Box award of the quarter goes to: - Any AMLogic S912 box running Android Marshmallow 6.0, like the Beelink GT1 as an example. Don't get hoodwinked by clever marketing and Tech specs people. Its been awarded a D by our very own @hdmkv. A D for Do Not Bother! There is NO LibreELEC Kodi support for AML S912 devices either. Along with that warning, those considering buying any dirt cheap, unsupported Android Kodi boxes needs to Read This And if that does not convince you that all unsupported AMLogic boxes with Android Marshmallow 6.0 are rubbish at the moment for semi-serious Kodi use, then read this post about DTS Audio passthrough issues."

forum.kodi.tv/sho…916

Edited by: "dcx_badass" 10th Nov 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheer me up please?1327
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767528
      3. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News79
      4. Amazon Fake Reviews1928

See more discussions