Can you reserve for pick up at CEX?

Found 8th Mar 2015
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
I want to say no. There's no contact numbers for a local store either. Well there is but they aren't easy to find.

It's usually get down to the store before the item is bought by someone else.
Original Poster
kos1c

I want to say no. There's no contact numbers for a local store either. … I want to say no. There's no contact numbers for a local store either. Well there is but they aren't easy to find. It's usually get down to the store before the item is bought by someone else.

thats what i thought, thanks!
https://mobile.twitter.com/cex/status/450611839513415680

Seems like you can reserve via twitter if someone sees your post. I don't use twitter so unsure how often cex reply etc.
Original Poster
kos1c

https://mobile.twitter.com/cex/status/450611839513415680Seems like you … https://mobile.twitter.com/cex/status/450611839513415680Seems like you can reserve via twitter if someone sees your post. I don't use twitter so unsure how often cex reply etc.

cool, i tried it!
espirit77

cool, i tried it!

Well done Andrew
Some stores have a pretty decent Facebook page as well and in the past have been helpful for "reserving" for store pick up. Not all stores reply to their messages though.
Original Poster
bex85

Some stores have a pretty decent Facebook page as well and in the past … Some stores have a pretty decent Facebook page as well and in the past have been helpful for "reserving" for store pick up. Not all stores reply to their messages though.

good to know. i closed my fb account years ago tho! not worth the grief lol.
CEX have terrible customer service, they refused to refund me for an electrical item with a well known fault instore. so i made a complaint via there website using the proper complaint form twice now and they still have not even replied despite it saying they will reply within 3 to 4 working days!. Even though i have a so called 12 month guarantee from CEX its worthless as they wont respond. for that reason i wont shop at CEX anymore and urge anyone else not to do so if they are buying anything expensive you may well regret it like i have!.
Moonwolf1976

CEX have terrible customer service, they refused to refund me for an … CEX have terrible customer service, they refused to refund me for an electrical item with a well known fault instore. so i made a complaint via there website using the proper complaint form twice now and they still have not even replied despite it saying they will reply within 3 to 4 working days!. Even though i have a so called 12 month guarantee from CEX its worthless as they wont respond. for that reason i wont shop at CEX anymore and urge anyone else not to do so if they are buying anything expensive you may well regret it like i have!.

I'd never buy anything expensive 2nd hand
benjammin316

I'd never buy anything expensive 2nd hand

well iv learned my lesson now!, i was fooled by the 12 month CEX guarantee thats not worth the paper they print it in it seems!
Moonwolf1976

well iv learned my lesson now!, i was fooled by the 12 month CEX … well iv learned my lesson now!, i was fooled by the 12 month CEX guarantee thats not worth the paper they print it in it seems!

Yeah, that's a crappy thing to do, especially if it was a know fault. What was it you bought anyway? Have you tried the social media route? Sometimes I find that can help
Original Poster
thanks, i decided for 20 quid more i'd buy it new. it was a moto g 4g for 95.
benjammin316

Yeah, that's a crappy thing to do, especially if it was a know fault. … Yeah, that's a crappy thing to do, especially if it was a know fault. What was it you bought anyway? Have you tried the social media route? Sometimes I find that can help

A HP Chromebook 11 they have a overheating charger issue and intermittently the port fails to recognise iv plugged the mini usb charger in so wont charge at all, I have to press the "refresh" button above no 4 and the power button for 3 seconds to perform a hard reset, This means i lose everything up to that point, All open tabs, or whatever its a right pain it happens at least 4 times a week on this machine of mine! Worst thing is if i do a search for "HP Chromebook 11" on CEX it doesn't come up so i cant even sell it back to them as they dont buy them in, even though i bought it from them, I feel they knew of the issue and must have bought a joblot, and iv been sold it in bad faith they knew it had issues when they sold it me the B'stards!..
Moonwolf1976

A HP Chromebook 11 they have a overheating charger issue and … A HP Chromebook 11 they have a overheating charger issue and intermittently the port fails to recognise iv plugged the mini usb charger in so wont charge at all, I have to press the "refresh" button above no 4 and the power button for 3 seconds to perform a hard reset, This means i lose everything up to that point, All open tabs, or whatever its a right pain it happens at least 4 times a week on this machine of mine! Worst thing is if i do a search for "HP Chromebook 11" on CEX it doesn't come up so i cant even sell it back to them as they dont buy them in, even though i bought it from them, I feel they knew of the issue and must have bought a joblot, and iv been sold it in bad faith they knew it had issues when they sold it me the B'stards!..

wow, have you tried being a bit more forceful about the situation? That seems like a lot of hassle to try and overlook, especially losing all the data etc on it 4 times a week.

I'd definitely be writing to them, sent recorded delivery:

CeX Ltd
Unit A
Greycaines House
21 Greycaines Road
Watford
WD24 7GP

See if that gets you anywhere, as you shouldn't have to put up with that, especially with a 12month warranty.

benjammin316

wow, have you tried being a bit more forceful about the situation? That … wow, have you tried being a bit more forceful about the situation? That seems like a lot of hassle to try and overlook, especially losing all the data etc on it 4 times a week. I'd definitely be writing to them, sent recorded delivery:CeX LtdUnit AGreycaines House21 Greycaines RoadWatfordWD24 7GPSee if that gets you anywhere, as you shouldn't have to put up with that, especially with a 12month warranty.

I had just given up and was just going to live with it, until its time to buy a new laptop,But thank you for your suggestion i will try that and see if it has any effect!
Moonwolf1976

I had just given up and was just going to live with it, until its time to … I had just given up and was just going to live with it, until its time to buy a new laptop,But thank you for your suggestion i will try that and see if it has any effect!

May as well shoot off a letter and wait for a reply if you get one, then at least you've done all you can. Good luck
benjammin316

May as well shoot off a letter and wait for a reply if you get one, then … May as well shoot off a letter and wait for a reply if you get one, then at least you've done all you can. Good luck

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants